Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS:CZ being released tomorrow
Ok Condition Zero is suppose to be released tomorrow, people are already starting to take bets on how long Steam will be down for. LOL

I think it will be sluggish for a few hours and then just totally go offline for at least 5 to 8 hours. hehe

So what do the rest of you think will happen? :)
im hoping to get a bit of game time in b4 most americans come online......

after that, rico just like the old days:)
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
12 hours minimum. Down.
I guess it really depends on how many bought it through Steam.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
well if it is more then a texture update the it will never come back on line... that is the way it seems to go with steam and there updates
I heard 40% will buy, so thats a huge chunk of the steam users. Yet its a huge update, and it does have problems from the weekly updates.
I don't trust anything that says by april 1st.
I'm totally surprised, steam is still up and so are the forums.

Not alot of happy campers though. They are pissed off for what they got with CZ.

For 30 bucks US you get...

slightly updated maps with 3 or new ones. From what I can see only textures have been updated. **You can go and download new maps with great textures from many sites for free**

Bots **You can go and download bots from a few different sites for free. The CZ bots can't even jump or climb ladders**

Updated models Well theres a catch to this one. You get the updated models for single player only. They have been removed from the multiplayer part. **You can go and download new very nice looking models from many different sites for free**

Single Player mode **Ok so you play this a couple of time now you are ready to take on humans again because the bots are predictable.

This is a mod for a mod for half-life. It don't include any new code or an updated engine.

So if anyone is considering buying this mod, I hope you reconsider. Your money could be spent else where like UT2004 or what ever. And no I am not posting this because I hate CS (which I do) but because I don't want anyone here waisting their money on something that should have been free.
oops
GRITS,Mar 23 2004, 02:36 PM Wrote:oops
* Gwarsbane shakes head and just smiles

:D
puts visa back in pocket.

ps. thanks gwars.
That 30 bucks can be spent on either Rainbow Six 3 or Ghost Recon instead of CZ.
I would suggest UT2004 or just save it for Half-life 2.. eventually:)
Yeah everyone is saying CZ blows.
I heard they were working on their own bots, and it looked promising, supposedly better then the free ones. But if they cant even climb ladders...

I saw a couple of screen shots. One looked to be bombsite A of aztec, the only thing i notice that was diffrent was some green leafy texture on it.

Worth 30 bucks? I think not. :angry:
The only reason I mentioned RS3 and Ghost Recon was because you can probaly pick them up for alot cheaper than CZ. I was also using those games to compare those to games of that genre. Although the diffuculty and learning curve of those 2 games are pretty high compared to CS or CZ.
There are only 3 or 4 new maps in CZ, all the rest are recycled from CS.
And question is, are the new maps any good? Takes some real talent to make a well balanced and appealing map.
that cz is a waste of money.... its worthless... its not all that great... just new maps... and radio commands and shit.