Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lockups when exiting
Since the last Steam update, i have been getting lockups when i try to exit a DoD gameserver...
and have to try for at least 5 minutes to exit out of HL.exe through Task Manager. Has anyone
else had that problem in the last week and a half? The steam forums are full of people having the
same problem. They even give different ways to exit and they still all lock me up with the looping
sound in the background. Just a question.
I have had the same and have talked to other players they are experiencing the same loop and lock up
Yeah i've had that. I normally notice that it happens when you type in quit and an audio file is playing, it gets caught in a loop and I have to exit it through task manager. It does quit well when there isnt much sound in the area tho.
I will have to test it to see if I get it. I have only used Steam once in the last week or so since I've been playing UT.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
same here. you have to remember not to do things so quickly. don't just get frustrated and disconnect. It happens to me when I click to fast for steam.
There is now a huge thread on this very topic on the Steam forums and EVERYONE is ticked
that noone from Valve or Steam has addressed this. Everyone says they are too busy making
money on CZ now...lol.
I have been experiencing the same thing with ns.... my belief is they made a large error when they sent out the patch for offline play.