Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plugin_netniv v1.3
Quote:
  • v1.3: Added admin_tban/admin_tbanip to temp ban users and immunity to other admins<>
  • v1.2: Added admin_devoice to turn off annoying users microphone<>
  • v1.1: Added admin_quit to force users to exit HL engine<>
  • v1.0: Added admin_name to force a change of username<>
    [st]
Above is a quick list of what is in my latest update to the plugin_netniv.amx control. Previously, in v1.1/v1.0 it was originally called plugin_netniv_name.amx but as it now has more than that in it, I figured i'd drop the latter part of the name.

Immunity is checked, so you can't perform these commands against other admins, and tban/tbanip (temp banning) both require a minimum of 2 minutes and a maximum of 30. Access level is set at 2048 which is the equivalent to admin_gag.

Feel free to use without bothering to tell me as there's no cost/strings attached.
i don't know if you wanted enyone to post back or not but i am not comlimenting it cause ive used it but sounds cool got some client side camands there that i never would have thought to use to get some1 good did you get the ideas from crashes post about how to change name in game?
That'll come in the next version. I like to release it a version at a time so I know one bits working, etc. Any problems, just let me know in here.
Having started looking at that suggestion, I think it would be nice to have a list of names to switch from, and then the random ones to switch to...Anyone else care to comment ?
Can it distinguish between user names and user IDs? I know that's a security hole in some plugins.
It's all based around the functionality provided by the base plugins with specific individual function code as required. So I guess that would be a yes. Unfortunately, under WON there is nothing to stop a player having a name that matches the WON ID and there isn't anything you can do about that.

Besides, I'm not sure how you claim that to be a security hole in the plugins rather than in the WON implmentation within HL. Under STEAM, they released a patch recently that changed the username should it be just numbers to hold a # at the front.