Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want a good laugh, read about this...
Ok I wasn't sure where to put this as its all about valve and steam and cheating. so I put it in here for everyone to get a good laugh...

A few days ago someone posted on the steam forum that they got an e-mail stating that people that work for valve, steam and vac were going onto websites with cheats on them for CS and stuff like that working their way into things and basically going undercover to get stuff the info that they needed to make vac better.

Makes sense, get the cheats from the source and the cheat protection becomes easier.

So today I goto the steam powered site and I read that I guess one of the bigger cheat sites now has a disclaimer up saying basically if they work for valve, steam, vac or any releated site that they are not allowed there and by entering the site they are breaking the law and can be sued.

Here they are breaking the user agreement yet expect valve to abide by some disclaimer. HA ya right.

you can read the full thing here...

http://steampowered.com/forums/showthread....&threadid=75498

Its great for a laugh hehehe
Just the usual boring legal argument over whether someone can or can't access the site. In the end, it's made avaialble to the public, therefore there is nothing to stop them, unless part of their own employment contract restricts them from doing so, as that'll be the only legal entity that could even be involved.
Even if affiliates of valve can't legally access the site, you can't legally write/use cheats and play the game (AUP and/or EULA). That and anybody could just send valve the cheats as an act of good will.