Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a little question dealy
My mum brought home this little game thing that her and her friends did. pick out a piece of paper and then answer whatever the question was or do whatever it said (ie "hug the person to the left of you"...pretty stupid:P) anywho i picked one out that I couldn't answer.

"What is something that money can't buy?"
hmmm my answer will be then, the abbility to get over the age 18 when ur only 17 then u can't buy drink yet.
thx:P
The answer is simple.

Real love

It can buy you happiness, it can buy you sex, it can buy you everything. But it can't buy you the real love of someone.

Its either that or it can't buy you fire resistant clothing that would survive a walk on the sun :D
Gwarsbane,Apr 17 2004, 10:18 PM Wrote:Real love

It can buy you happiness, it can buy you sex, it can buy you everything. But it can't buy you the real love of someone.
Counter-point: People who have grown accustomed to a lifestyle where love is nothing more than shallow, paid for feelings then to them it is real love. In short, it's all in the eyes of the beholder.
humanLanguage.speech.english.parseGrammar() returned "'real love' local definition conflicts with global; line 7"

What about abstract things? You can't buy ideas, emotions, or actions.
You can buy ideas, emotions, etc. Otherwise we wouldn't have acting, architects, etc.
You cant buy God. And You cant buy my suped up mustang with a v-8 engine that cost me a hella lot o' money CUZ ITS ALL MINE, MINE I TELL YA...:P
FreeFall,Apr 18 2004, 05:35 AM Wrote:"What is something that money can't buy?"
Money can't buy poverty. If you are rich there is no way you can be poor:D
Sure you can buy poverty, just spend all your money moving to a third world country.

How is hiring architects and actors buying emotions and ideas? You're buying their services because you like their ideas. The emotions come from experiencing the work. If indirectly acquiring things through financial transactions counts as buying them, then there is nothing that can't be bought.

Although it would be difficult to buy existence.
It can't buy state of mind unless your a moron who is very easily influenced.
"I have this good idea/emotion/whatever the crap."
"Let's hear it."
"bloobity blah blah blah."
"that's awesome I want to buy it from you. I'll give you a million dollars and it will be mine. tell no one. for if you do, hell will come for you"
"Sweet, i'm a millionaire"

of course this is talking about it in a more literal sense.
LIke that sienfeld episode with Kramer and pederson
I think in some ways money can help get love you might call it buying love i don't know cause lets face it all of you that have ever met a boy or a girl know that well umm obviesly you wouldent have met them if you were on the corner holding a sighn that says {will word for food} and {Wanksta} talking about god made me think there is one thing you can't buy well for those of you that belive in heavin it can't buy your way into it cause even if you donate all of your money to starving children if you are doing it to get into heavin that is not a selfless act and a selfless act is what you would be going for buy doing that so i think that money can't get a mean person into heavin but it also won't nessesaraly get a nice person into heavin either cause a nice person is nie before they get the money enyway but of course enyone can argue the two points i just stated cause there is an argue to everything and i can come up with some pretty nagetive cons about them two : )
Quote:it cause even if you donate all of your money to starving children if you are doing it to get into heavin that is not a selfless act and a selfless act

True. You would do it out of sincerity, out of obedience and out of humility. The reward is not heaven but a hundred times more what you gave IF you get to heaven.

Consider this passage...it makes you think about wealth and how we hold to it.

Quote:Mat 19:16  And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17  And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Mat 19:18  He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Mat 19:19  Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Mat 19:20  The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
Mat 19:21  Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
Mat 19:22  But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
Mat 19:23  Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 19:24  And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Mat 19:25  When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
Mat 19:26  But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
Quote:hmmm my answer will be then, the abbility to get over the age 18 when ur only 17 then u can't buy drink yet.
thx 

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!
its called a fake id and i dont think anything BUT money can buy that.
LOL !! I thought people MADE those...not bought them.
You can't buy permanent satisfaction. Every time you buy anything, you are not permanently satisfied... so you buy something else.

You cannot buy character traits - as in if you are somewhat "slower" mentally than other people ... you can't spend money to make yourself more intelligent. You can add knowledge, sure, and you can surround yourself with intelligent people, but you cannot yourself become more intelligent.

You can't buy sincere friends, ones who accept you for who you are regardless of the money. People may befriend you for the money, but not for who you are.