Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annatars Cyberspace Odessy
Putting this up quite frankly so you can laugh at me, me and my idiocy.

A while back, i downloaded steam, something many of you are familiar with and the varied problems therein. Thats broken atm, but thats another story. However, when i installed steam, i somehow lost the console for halflife, which is mildly annoying in all multiplayer games but practically denies me from playing TSRP.

Therefore, after a lot of grumbling, messing around and steam dying on me, i decided reinstaling halflife might be the way to go.

So, i reinstalled it taking particular care to install the update which comes of the opposing force cd, and whilst i was at it i reinstalled opposing force, just to be safe.

I check through the start menu, find that the halflife console shortcut still leads to steam, but the opfor console takes me into the gd old stile version. YAY!!

So,, excited, i go to multiplayer. It tells me that my version of halflife is not up to date nd therefore i cant play. I use SierraUpdate, it says my halflife is up to date... what is wrong??? Lies!lies!lies!!I give up for the day and go play freelancer.

Today, it strikes me that i might want to go find out. So i check, silly me SierraUpdate doesnt work, quite simply. 2 or three links later, and theres the download, im nearly there......

WHADDDAYA MEAN 2 HOURS WAIT TIME!!!

Coming Soon, the fixing of steam without the use of fdisk. This ones gonna be a biggy
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
You should ask net or gwars about how to fix it. You just needed to add the command line in the hl exec file or something like that.