Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New screenshots of half-life 2
http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/492/4928...830/imgs_1.html
looks the same to me<_< i think hl2 is gona be a disapointment but i hope when it comes out i am proven totaly wrong:thumb:
a disappointment?

is there something wrong with you? lol
hl2 is going to be the best.... has anyone seen the tests of the game?
that game is going to be sooooo cool!!!!
Just take a look at the grafixs man then check out a game like rainbow 6-3 or eny newer game has grafix way beter than that i mean come on have you played empire earth down of modern age? it is an rpg from far above angle but you can zoom in and get what i would call equal grafix of half-life or hl2 here check out
here is one of empires
http://www.strategyplanet.com/empires/imag...x.asp?id=462025
that site srewed up my computer. . but it's better.
I don't know why you think those graphics are equalevant to HL2, because they aren't. Infact I'm so confident that Half-Life 2 won't be a disappointment that I'm actually going to buy it (I never buy games)
I'm with magoo. The graphics for HL2 are very impressive, the pyhsics are great and the AI is quite good (from what i've seen). I'm gonna buy it.
lol FF? i don't know how that site would mess up your pc.... and for those of you that think that the new hl grafixs are ok you need to get new grafixs cards cause you guys are missing out on alot cause alot of newr games are way better an acually i think think hl as is right now looks way better on my pc than in those pics i guess it could just be that the person who took those screen shots has a pc that=for crap but i thought they were suposed to test those out on the best state of the art systems therefore the game would look better and more people would want it but i really can't argue about how good thegrafix are cause you guys all probably have difer grafix cards and what not than me and are used to playing half-life only or somthing and i can't say enything unless ive seen your computer in person {vise-versa} i really do think that those shots look like they used the ol' quake 3 grafix engine or someing around that date and age of about 3yrs ago to make the game quake3 looks a lil nicer though i think cause all the afects and sprites etc...or maybe it isnt that at all maybe they need better models.
cartman cartman... use some punctuation every so often! Holy christ I got a headache reading your post.
If you play a game simply because the textures are smooth then you are a fool. HL2 has great graphics, you have to realize that it is a first person shooter not a stratigy game, just to add more than one hit box makes the game MUCH harder to run, and I think HL2 has more than HL1. As for the game you chose to compare to HL2, empire earth, is a strategy game, with no hit boxs, and simple parameters and engine rules, of corse its going to be smoother. And, rainbow six does not look better to me, have you seen any of the HL2 movies? The lighting, how well it flows, and the engine (It uses rag doll physics) are MUCH better.
hahaha... i agree with you G....
but i stopped about a quarter of the way through.... lol
Rainbox 6 3 is deffinatley a good game, with average physics. I say average because the corpses bend in ways they normally wouldnt. I like the max payne 2 physics. The water for hl2 looks great. Doesnt quite look like water, but acts incredibly like it, with the splashing, and floating and what not. I really like it when that marine heli/gyrocopter thing shoots old cars they actually move from the bullet impact.