Poll: What is your connection?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Broadband dsl\cable\isdn\t1\t3
100.00%
29 100.00%
dialup 14/28.8/33k/56k
0%
0 0%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats My Line?
I want to know about your d/l speed and if you ever have problems with scrolling or viewing the forums.
never a problem.
negatory..only time i have a prob is when it has to load abunch of giant pics like the Picture topic ;)
No problems.
only cause my host is on the other side of the state.... pittsburgh area i believe
Nope, cept that read topics stay "unread"
I have a constant problem...and am not sure how to fix it... my gameplay ping is good, and constant, and download speeds are the same as the former, but just surfing the internet etc, its like my connection regularly goes on hiatus. Every 3 mins or so it times out for 45 seconds, which I have to wait out before any packet transfer resumes again. Im on a verizon dsl line, and any help would be appreciated.
I use this:

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Probably won't solve anything, but it's a way better browser nonetheless:P
OMG, acid and I actually have something in common. cept I use the larger more stable 0.7
Quote:I use this:

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Probably won't solve anything, but it's a way better browser nonetheless

Good man...I had a couple problems with firebird, but they have been removed in firefox...therefore, it's my default browser. I don't think IE is even close to W3C compliant and if you use it, it is my personal belief you deserve to get viruses.
don't generally have a problem with anything. . unless it's a new image. even after deleting cookies and temp files and whatnot the loading is fine. . it's just that initial viewing that takes an extra 5. . 10 seconds tops.

Edit: oh. . my. . god. . . . . it's .asm!
What does it actually do? Is it just a diffrent browser like IE?
yes, but no window will pop up with out you asking it to. nothing hidden. much easier to control sites individuallly. overall just kicks ass.
you mean to tell me NO ONE is on dial up anymore?
nope....hardly anyone is on dialup anymore
Well I could download 17 things then join a server and pretend im still the .aol.warrior., but only if you need me to.
ooooooooo 23 votes to 0..owned B)
Someone getting dial up these days is the equalivant to buying a 486. It just doesn't make sense.
whats this... a serious user feedback poll???

we cant be doing with this!!!
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
I downloaded and tried mozilla, same thing continued to happen :/
Dial-up? They still have that around? Maybe it has something to do with the presidents wish to have everyone on broadband... Or not :P.

On a side not:
Reciprocity I have the same ISP as you. Verizon DSL, except im in the Wilkes-barre area. The problem you described sounded like one I experienced last night. I thought it was the router or dsl modem so I shut the dsl modem off for a few seconds, turned the dsl modem on and rebooted the router. Everything works the way it should now.

The only reason I noticed was because I couldn't view cnn.com, I kept getting page cannot be found.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

That is actually a different problem I have encountered. This is continuous. Regularly it craps out and I have to wait 30-45 seconds before it resumes supplying me with a working connection.