Poll: Which piece of furniture do you think looks best in pine??
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Table
18.18%
2 18.18%
Chair
18.18%
2 18.18%
Inuit carving
27.27%
3 27.27%
Bookcase
9.09%
1 9.09%
Wardrobe
27.27%
3 27.27%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats my Pine??
Not trying to annoy anyone, just my brain is not playing a huge part in what i do right now.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
Heart Pine?
oldfield pine?
Ponderosa Pine?
White Pine?
Southern red?
Slash pine?
Virginia pine?
Spruce pine?

I guess there is not enough information for me to give you an accurate answer.;)

My four poster bed was hand made out of heart pine also known as Loblollie pine.
erm... hmm.... ummm....

Thing is, my definition of pine goes like this

pine - Cheap pale wood used in replenishable forests because it grows like anything. As a result used a lot in cheap furniture typically found in venues such as ikea, matalan and practically everywhere in the uk. see also - pinecone, pinetree,forest

As such i am unable to compute your request for more information, will shutdown and restart your computer in unsafety mode and invade it with thousands of tiny monkeys all listening to the stereophonics.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
just trying to show you there were no hard feelings for your play on words and my thread:D

not all pine is cheap...some is actually considered hardwood and some like the heart pine is deemed quality wood like walnut
Some types of oak are considered the 'cheap' wood that is mass produced these days.

my bed cost over 10K about 15 years ago...and the guy who owned the shop where it was made in SC died a couple years ago so it's value has gone up. I didnt pay that for it....but that is what they sold them to the general public for....I think Bill Cosby has one, I know a couple of famous people have them.

btw ignore the handcuffs under the pillow those were a gift;)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

oh forgot my answer.....so if it is the cheap stuff you are talking about, it would probably be something disposable.....or not seen.....I have enough books it really wouldnt matter what the cabinet looked like that they were in......but the good stuff???? I would love a wardrobe that went with my bed
well.... if you build whatever you are building properly and put a proper finish on it... you can make anything with pine.... but i would say a bookcase would look nice in pine... but thats my opinion
well I chose an inuit carving becuase those things are crazy. everything else can be made from any wood and it's the same. just use a proper finish to get whatever look you want. like GRITS's bed, I used a nice medium tone when I finished it. I mean, whoever did it. .er made it. .umm .. oh god. . .is that a tornado? i better go.:ph34r: