Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jumps Lingo
a b
hye why do you think the Kung Phoo Clan was created o.O Lol jking. But about the jumps, There are too many ways to do one jump to name. Take the Middle Pad to opposite Middle Pad jump. You can do that jump with just your strafe keys or with strafe and mouse. You could land on an arrow or the pad. You can do all of those above mentioned one forwards or backwards, the list goes on. But see there are too many jumps, you'd have to write a dictionary. And no one wants to memorize a dictionary
First of all, I believe we already call it steering. We always tell the newbs that claim we're cheating because we can jump well that we're just steering in air. Anyway, I don't necessarily think the naming of jumps has to be perfect and descriptive. I'd rather name them more like in-air moves that skaters, snowboarders, bmxers, and motocrossers use. Some are named after their creators, others the names make no sense, and they also use descriptive terms like "180" which is of course spinning halfway. Too bad we haven't kept track of the first to do certain jumps, and there are some who do them better than others. For example, if you're on one of the 4 teleport pads, and you stall or jump and spin back to the same pad, we could call it something like the "running stall" or "scissor stall." If you don't get it, I see running with scissors do this move all the time, and he's good at avoiding shots and getting shots off of it. So add a little spin and you have a "360 scissor stall." Etc etc...
Worked up a little something in paint. Sorry it's not drawn perfectly but that's not really the point anyway...

[Image: ricojumps.jpg]

Also we could make up nick names for the jumps based on the abbreviations or something. For example, RC could be RollerCoaster, CC Carbon Copy, EE gEEk... etc etc... those just came to mind right away:P
You ###### monger...THAT WAS MY IDEA! I made that same thing in a .txt document....and it looked something like that
I was thinking of making something like that to plan out any jumps... but for naming them, I dunno.
OMG NOX I am truly impressed. We have to find a place for that on the website besides just the forums. So we can send noobs to look at it when they say "this is boring" we can say "learn all the jumps then tell me it is boring"
Cloud....Nox may have got the "jump" on you ;) but you can still post your text version...it all helps..same to you g-boy or anyone who wants to add to the descriptive way to play ricochet
GRITS,Feb 28 2003, 02:03 PM Wrote:Nox may have got the "jump" on you ;)
Best pun of the day rofl...
Cleaned it up a lot and added two jumps I forgot. If you notice anymore I accidently ommited let me know.

[Image: ricojumps2.jpg]
nox, i am impressed, with the amount of time you have on your hands. Way to go buddy.
:lol:LOL...The Kung Phoo Clan....been awhile since I heard that !!!
a masterpiece if i say so myself....
GOOD GOD NOX...GO OUTSIDE...THE SUN IS SHINING...jk thats sweet and doesn't take that much time. How bout this one? "Pull a Cloud" - Screaming at anyone who typekills . Or a "Pique vs Shaki" - Just bump them purposfully but not so pourposfully that is not inconceibveable that you may have bumped them purposfully so that you can confuse them enough so that there is still that doubt that you may have bumped them or you may not have done it on purpose in which case you consufse them so much that they stand there not sure wether you shuld yell at you or waiting for you to say sry but you dont say sry because you want them to wait a little bit then you can kill em and watch pull a cloud cause they are just too confused to move and they just sit there and watch the deer in the headlights thingy and they just sit there and loser the head but they xcant lose the head cause then the deer in teh headlights wouldn't wokr cause the deer couldn't see the light without the eyes in the head so ud need a special disc that leavesd the eyes but still decaps em kinda like a non eye decapping disc killer rusty pice of metal frisbee so we can get a new name for this mod instead of ricochet it should be "frisbe 'o death" so getting back to the fact of bumping them you then win the match and then they cant be mad cause it was TEHIR FAULT AND NOT YOURS SO YOU JUST LAUGH AND LAUGH AND THEY CANT DO ANYTHING CAUSE YOU DO IT AGAIN THE NEXT TIME YOU PLAY EM then they get realllllllllly mad at you:D
Damn pique... one word... punctuation!
LOL !!:lol:
Paint's bendy line tool (donno what it's really called) gets something like that done in a matter of minutes:)
Holy shit man...

Remind me to stick with TFC...
what about the jump from the middle to the back pad? i know you end up hitting the arrow but i heard rumors that it can be done without hitting the arrows
it can definatly be done without hitting the arrows...i do it rarely though and throws me off cause i expect to hit the arrow
Yep, it can be done without hitting arrow... I usually TRY to hit the arrow though, because it's a bit more useful. If you angle it so you go between the arrow and the barrier, you land. Or you can hit the jump absolutely perfect and go past the arrow... I've done both several times, but never consistently. KS has surpassed that though, he can land it, but he can also hit it, jump back to middle, straight to the arrow, and back again. I've seen him do it!
PuNkGirL,Mar 2 2003, 04:50 AM Wrote:what about the jump from the middle to the back pad? i know you end up hitting the arrow but i heard rumors that it can be done without hitting the arrows
Look closer that jump is represented... though it doesn't look like it by the drawn lines... it is cleared up in the key..
What about the topleft red to topright red. I've done it. I call it the "Scissors slice." :lol:
RuNnInG_wIth_ScISsOrS,Mar 3 2003, 07:07 AM Wrote:What about the topleft red to topright red. I've done it. I call it the "Scissors slice." :lol:
how do you do that???
He's either joking or he got hit in midair with a push disc and made the leap...
RuNnInG_wIth_ScISsOrS,Mar 3 2003, 07:07 AM Wrote:What about the topleft red to topright red. I've done it. I call it the "Scissors slice." :lol:
If this is true I must see it to believe it. I tried it many times and never got close...
a b
Wha?,Mar 4 2003, 04:52 AM Wrote:I did a little field research, and no ordinary method of jumping would yeild acceptable results. However, with a small amount of logic, I reasoned why it would never work under ordinary circumstances. Simple really.
Here's a few clues:
  • A)A²+B²=C² is which famous theorem?<>
  • B)In what kind of triangle is this true?<>
  • C)What does the C represent?<>
  • D)In the acronym &quot;SOHCAHTOA&quot; what does the &quot;SOH&quot; stand for?<>
  • E)Given the inequality Sin45/(opposite) &gt; (hypotenuse)Sin45, state which side is larger.<>
  • F)What does that number represent?<>
  • G)If triangle ABC is an isosceles triangle, in which side A = 3cm, side B = 3cm, and angle c = 90° what is the length of the hypotenuse?<>
    [st]Alright, I'll add this lame spoiler in so nobody can complain this is obscure.
    • H)Mike is on a bike going due South, and is at the edge of a gorge. Mike is an expert at jumping gorges on his bike, and can jump 3m at his present speed. The gorge is 4m wide. What happens to Mike?<>
      [st]-Your friendly neighbourhood cynic
lets see we have

A) Pygathorian
B)Right
C)Hypotanus
D)Sin=opposite/hypotenus
E)Hmm 1/H &gt; O indeterminant since H could be fractional
F)What Number?
G)0cm
H)Splat

I can do math but i can't spell so no complaints about what i called these sides of the triangles
&quot;Pythagorian.&quot; Trig sucks.
I learned all of this back in Algebra 1...