Poll: Should GRITS Ricochet on Steam be 24/7 arena?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes there are plenty of multmap servers on steam arena only
30.77%
8 30.77%
Yes but leave the other maps available to vote on
53.85%
14 53.85%
No the rotation brings people in
0%
0 0%
Doesn't matter to me I will never play Ricochet on steam
15.38%
4 15.38%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam Ricochet server
Someone suggested that the Steam Ricochet be changed to 24/7 arena
I thought it was a good enough suggestion to run it by all of you.
I've been in there, and the server just completely empties after arena or dm1 is over, arena only, or arena and dm only,would get a nice playerbase there.
yeah. I think we should do the same with vads, have it arena and DM1 only, but keep other maps in the cycle for vote.
i voted arena only but i only like arena and dm 1 and there wasnt an option for that.
I voted arena only with the option to vote other maps. I've been playing on Steam on a daily basis for about two weeks now. I can always, as in every single time I log in, find at least one server with a decient ping, and players in it running one of the DM maps. Arena on the other hand, sometimes I don't even see a decient pinging server that is empty running arena, let alone one that is populated. I usually have to sit through some of DM2 (which I can't stand, I can deal with DM1 these days) until the server I join rotates to arena.
That brings up another issue. It looks like the 2nd option is going to win...but I think people should be careful here. The reason is that if there is a vote for say...DM2 or some sort of custom map for example, then it's possible that the server could run that map for a long time...and that would sort of defeat the purpose of switching server formats. I think a 20 minute map-duration with the possibility of only one map-extension would be fair. Also, it would be good if the only other map avaible on the server was deathmatch1. That would be livable but I would still personally prefer the 1st option.
If there were a rotation I'd say 20 minute would be too short even with a possibility of extension. When I (and plenty of other people) get into a game I want to invest atleast 45 minutes uninterupted by map switch. I voted for the first option though also. Although I'd agree with the second option as well. Map time limit rotation isn't a great idea in my mind though because of the amount of servers out there that are already like that.
I would say short is better, that way a DMer isnt waiting too long in arena or vice versa.
ok here is what I want to do to the Steam ricochet

I will make the mapcycle 20 minutes but I want it to be all arena with the option to vote for other maps
map can be extended 3 times
ok?
I think that will work well GRITS.