Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planetside Open Beta
I was one of 500 that was picked from a contest that Gamespot held. I am just waiting for it to arrive in the mail. When it does I will give some impressions of it.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I'm in as well. I was accepted normally via a beta application. It is said the game HAS entered the open beta phase (Announced the 15th [yesterday] in a press release). My only concern is that they stated explicitly that everyone who was acepted into the open beta would recieve their CD well in advance of the beta's starting date.
Well some people got their CDs on Thursday, more on Friday and Saturday. It's now Monday, mine better come today...
I did not get my CD's in the mail today. I got so impatient when I did not get them on Saturday that I went to their website to sign up manually. Problem is they have yet to send me a confirmation code to continue the process. My only concerns are the same that most people are saying. I hear the lag situation is supposed to be fixed today. I am hoping that they add some incentives to keep playing an "endless war". Eventually I'm afraid it might tedious after a few months if I don't feel that I am acomplishing anything. I also hope people don't jump on the bandwagon when they see 1 group winning. Like say The Vanu control 3 of the continents. People who don't like feeling that they are losing jump from NC or TR to Vanu to ride along the winning team. Then it will get too unbalanced. Just as they have that 24hr wait when you want to change certifications I hope they have some sort of thing to block people from switching sides alot.
An Editor that works for Gamespot posted on their forums and said that he called Sony this morning and that Gamespot contest winners disks were being sent out today. Depending on where you live it wil take a couple days. Since they are coming from Cal and I'm in PA I am not going to expect mine till Friday or Saturday. I just hope Sony wasn't just saying that to get Gamespot off it's back.
You guys have no clue how easy it is to get into planetside beta, they must've released tens of thousands of applications, and each application is worth as two because of the "invite a friend" option.
I know it was easy, but I really did not get real interested in the game until a couple weeks ago so I screwed myself for waiting too long. That's why I went for Gamespot's contest cause by then I figured that was the only way I was going to get a chance.