Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam update June 29, 2004
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news

Quote:CZ, CS Update Released
June 28, 2004, 6:08 pm · cliffe

An update for CS:CZ and Counter-Strike has just been released. This release features three previously unreleased bonus missions for Condition Zero Deleted Scenes. Steam will update itself automatically when you restart. Here is a list of the additions:

COUNTER-STRIKE: CONDITION ZERO DELETED SCENES:

Added previously unreleased missions Miami Heat, Truth in Chaos, and Run

COUNTER-STRIKE:

Improved behavior of team_say
Server prints team and player info in the console for chat messages
Improved memory efficiency of hitbox animations to address intermittent server lag

Additionally, work is under way to transition players from WON to Steam. WON authentication servers will be phased out by the end of summer. If you have not already done so, you can download Steam here.

So this means we need to get the tournament done as quick as we can, the quicker the better.

Those of you that only play on won if you plan on playing half-life in the future then you need to install steam now and get it working while you have a chance to take out your fustrations on people in won. :D I know thats what I have been doing. :upto:
seems to me that they are ready to release hl2
I got steam yesterday.. Although only playing only one mod by steam at this point :mellow:
which mod? :D
:(won is so nice. why do they "phase" it out?

I knew that they were going to do it but i thought it wouldn't be as soon.

So we will think of the old won times in the future and steam will make us :wacko:
[Image: olbestlogo5tq.jpg]
Thanks QOLIM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: olbest.png]
because its costing valve to keep won
Back when Steam came out last year Valve said it was costing them alot of money to keep Won. It is alot cheaper to do what Won does in house than paying a third party to do it.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I just hate they way they ignore a mod that is still popular (albeit not to CS standards) and don't correct the issues over time lags, and sound issues. :/ If it wasn't for those minor problems, plus our updates, I would have just switch to Steam alone months ago.
Quote:which mod? :D

IOS ^_^ International Online Soccer. Well I installed Ricochet too couple days ago