Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Never-ending struggle
just wondering if this is me or if everyone is having this problem (well actually this is the first time it's happened)...

Quote:[03:51:03] * Connect retry #29 irc.us.gamesurge.net (6667)
-
[03:51:19] * Unable to resolve server
Try just connecting to irc.gamesurge.net
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

that's a no go. . .i've also tried fuzzyshoting's and olbest's solutions but they also do not work. . thanks for asking them frito. . but it seems i'm blocked out of gamesurge for the time being at least.
I guess thats what you get for slapping people with too many trouts :Pbut try these servers. Click on the bold faced links and see if any of them work. http://gamesurge.net/servers/

PERFECT! the page cannot be displayed because it hates me and needs to be stabbed multiple times by me and then set on fire and then stabbed again and then torn into a bunch of tiny little pieces that can also be set on fire and then i will stab them even more times so that in the end i remain victorious over the very badly mutilated pieces of the page that cannot be displayed. . same goes for mirc. . can you tell i am beyond angry right now?
I guess the only answer is.. REFORMAT! But no. It may be the opposite of what you think is happening. Try restarting. Hmm. I ad a problem like this before, but it was my routers fault and I had to reboot the router I think. Hmm. So try restarting first :thumb:

i did that befoe reading your second post<_<
IRC could be being blocked at an ISP level rather than just your level.
for someone who isn't all that computer smart. . im reading japanese. :P
Umm. Kick the router? I know on my problem when I couldn't view one website I went into my router config and clicked reboot, or did I unplug it. Not sure, I'm not sure, but it looks like your router cause I highly doubt gamesurge blocked you.. Umm. I'll leave you to do the damage;). GL

Oh and Net means that your ISP can block IRC. Not sure why they would do that unless you're on a campus :/, still don't know why thwy would do that.

but FF has been on mIRC a lot so it is a new problem
have you done anything different?

go to teamspeak lets see if we can talk this out
umm.. I got the same problem that FF does...
Well thats because FF slaps with fish too much, and you.... Hmm. Oh, you never made me an omelette. Well that is odd that both of you can't connect.

I had this problem the other day, it basically just has to go away on its own.

It could be a DNS server problem and that can take upto 24 hours to go away.

When I had this problem I had to shut down my machine and shut down my net connection for a few minutes. And then boot up everything again. This didn't work all the time though.
I've been having the same problem today aswell. Started yesterday for me when it wanted me to auth again. Worked fine all of last night after I did that, but today so far is a no go.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
yeah I had to auth again too
now it is ok
I just stopped the program for trying to connect for a few minutes.
yay i'm not alone!! after sleeping (computer not on) i've woken up and it's still hating me so now I play the waiting game. quick mIRC! you me staring contest! GO! :blink: damn i lost
Yes it as happened to me as well but go figure since everything always happens to the dragonLady and it's always one thing at a time least i'm not alone on this problem hehehehe.
Happening to me since yesterday also ^_^..........<_<
first miagi, then/now me, then everyone else. WHAT HAS THIS WORDLD COME TO ! ! !
I don't have a problem with irc. I'm on it right now with 7 other people. Yeah. You're missing a huge party.. :drink:. My guess is what Gwars said, it will be fixed tomorrow. Maybe.

8ball made a prediction.

Quote:<Miagi> !8 Will people be able to connect tomorrow?
<ChanServ> Miagi: You never know.  Neither do I.

Yesterday i didn't have any problems but now i have the same problem -.-
Quote:Connect retry #50 Geneva.CH.EU.GameSurge.net (6667)
Unable to resolve server
[Image: olbestlogo5tq.jpg]
Thanks QOLIM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: olbest.png]
you guys try random gamesurge connect?

or do you specifically ask for a server?
NetFire.TX.US.Gamesurge.net

proabably the best one of them all
i try random. .

lol last night I had a dream that i was outside and there was this cord unplugged. so my friend(in my dream i don't actually know who it was) said "That's been unplugged this whole time?!?" so i plugged it in and then later in my dream i went onto mIRC and it was working fine because of this plug being pugged in... haha i felt so stupid.. then i woke up and didn't remember the dream til now. I wish the solution was that simple for real though. blahaha!
I think most of the people who couldn't connect were able to connect last night. Did you try recently?

yep! and i tried that netfire. but I probably do jsut have to wait as did everyone else. so I'm sure it'll fix itself in a bit.
Seems today is my turn for this problem lol
try this ip to connect I miss you guys