Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam Messed up don't panic too much
Ok over on the steam forums there has been reports that steam has been hacked or that the database has been currupted or something else has happened.

There are reports of the name "[A-K-S] W .^. R R ! O R" is showing up for steam

http://www.chefhost.com/ppost/uploads/11/Omg.JPG

No idea what this means so for now just try not to panic too much.
yeah I had it happen to me and it happened to Soul also, they tell you how to fix it now, it was a reg file that ended in blob in steam folder that I had to delete, but you have to shut down steam first and then after you delete it then open steam back up and it will update normally.
And remember, there are no problems with steam ;)
lol ya that was kinda funny. I got to be the [A-K-S] W .^. R R ! O R earlier. I was so 1337 NO one could touch me. . well except fo all those other aks warriors.

EDIT: lol so i finally got logge donto steam friends again. yess i did the .blob deletion earlier. but wait what's this, I find myself udner the name [A-K-S] W .^. R R ! O R again..hmm looks like steam isn't fixed after all. oh well... WON still exists!
I have not experienced this. What is it excatly?
[Image: b_560x95.png]
i have been told it is a d dos hacking or whatever the crap you call it. but don't hold me to it, i'm just going by word of mouth.
Ya i fount that warrior guy on my friends list to. The rest of the list is in tact tho.
You guys suck:D I don't have him on my list... he no hacky me!:D
he wasn't on my list, that's what your name turns into. but it could be fixed by now:P