Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release date
A friend of mine works at an EB games, and on there upcoming releases which has dates on them, HL2 is set for september first (sept 1st). I stress that this is very unofficial, but it's what the stores are planning. I'm hopeing that something official from valve willl come up saying something for august.
I've never trusted store release dates cause most of them just pick some number out of the air.

I will know its released when its released:D
I told you guys that Best Buy charged my card for HL2 and sent notice that they would be mailing it the end of august
so Sept 1 sounds reasonable to me
While it is possible for it to come out then never listen to stores. They have changed that date constantly in the past 6 months.

This is the lastest from Gabe btw:

Right now we're targetting a July 30th release candidate. This means we give what we think is a shippable version to VU. Usually you go through a couple of RCs before you reach Gold, which means that you have what you are going to manufacture. After you manufacture it, it goes to stores.

In our last conversation with the ESRB, we were looking at a teen rating.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd recommend you bookmark this site http://www.halflife2.net to keep with the latest news.

Also keep tabs on this link in their forums where people sent email to Valve and their answers: Valve Q&A .

It's up to page 44 now, but has alot of info from curious people.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
How long does it take from RC to me going out to pick it up at a store?
Again it depends. If Vivendi approves the first RC we should see it by the end of August/ beginning of September. If it gets sent back then who knows.
[Image: b_560x95.png]