Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you Mensa Ready?
Ok.....I think I can confidently say that most of you know how 'intrigued' I am with brain power. :wub:
I have been surprised or amazed more than once by the plethora of information I receive from some of you and the way you process debate questions etc.......so I am going to post some 'thinkers' for you. Some will test the left hemisphere others will test the right hemisphere....some will appear easy while others you will think have no definitive answer...and indeed they may not....wow I am turning myself on just with the instructions hehehehe...ok seriously it is all in fun....give your answer embellish it with an explanation....or share a question...I just don't want my mind to go stale while I wait for that 'special' guy that will keep my mind stimulated on a regular basis. :)
Bring it !!! I need some stimulation.:wub:
I get this error when I click on the Download:

Sorry, an error occured. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again
took me a while to figure out how to start :blsh:
The arrows represent an English word using a simple code…think you can figure it out?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes.
But the good news is i can also also add anouther question. ^_^

try to find the next number in these series

1 2 3 5 8 _
2 4 16 256 _
31 28 31 30 _

and rush cleverly displayed his knowledge of the code :thumb:
:cens: ok sock got it already so I edited so you guys have time to think about it
good job sock
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
got the first two easily rush but the third one is making me think...thanks
haha...i saw it before the censor....I get it now.
I thought it was upmiddledown...but thats not an English word...LOL:lol:It's Korean.

i don't see the pattern in the 3rd one rush, 31 31 28 29...you've got a repeat on the first 2 31's and an
incremental on the second pair (28 29). I thought it could be just based first on the first digits...3 3 2 2 ..then 1 1,
but the second digits don't reach a pattern 1 1 8 9 ...I give up !!!
there was a typo in the 3rd one ...it's fixed now

oh well here some more mind benders to keep you interested.

Achiever
----------
I'm an

ground
-----------------
feet feet
feet feet
feet feet

Going
----------
the top

looking
-----------------
my shoulder

|r|e|a|d|i|n|g|

i'm | myself

--------------
BSci BMath
BArt
:heartbeat:I LOVE this stuff...woman is in heaven....
To answer Rush's trivia...and no, i didn't look at any solutions (if any) posted...

but filling in the blanks...

(1): 13 // it's just a fibonacci sequence
(2): 65536 // 2^(2^4) ... notice the previous was 2^(2^3)
(3): 31 // just days in the month starting from january...notice it's not a leap year...

the following problem is kinda fun...

define the triangular numbers as the following:

1, 3, 6, 10, ... etc...

define the square numbers as the following:

1, 4, 9, 16, ... etc...

now show that each square number is the sum of two consecutive triangular numbers.

in other words, show it for ALL cases. Hint: try to find equations that generate triangular and square numbers. if you can solve rush's numeric series...you can do this.
ok time to post the other answers I guess
the arrows represent the directions......North=N East=E West=W South=S
i.e. they spell NEWS
both sockhole and rush got it rather quickly so I am not surprised at all that asm got the math ones already....
I got tickled at the way rush alluded to the answer in his post
Quote:Yes.
But the good news is i can also also add another question. 
that creative teaser of an answer has won him a place in my heart....I should have expected as much from a guy who use to have the player name 3.12 :Dthat was you wasnt it?
where is uT[erus] when you need him? he is great when it comes to word plays...
Ok rush you get to put up your answers for the word games....
took me awhile to figure out nothing above a bachelors...is that right? and I thought you had "I'm an underachiever" set up wrong at first I read it as I am an overachiever ...must be something freudian about my mind I am sure...:P
actually my name was 3.141592......etc.
or pi

the answers for the word problems are:

I'm an underachiever

six feet below ground

Going over the top

looking over my shoulder

reading between the lines

i'm beside myself

and the final one is
Three degrees below zero

and for anyone doing asm's question a triangular number is a numer following the formula

n(n+1)/2

glad to have anouther Math student here
all right asm time to give the answer to your question...so we can move on...I thought rush was gonna but looks like he passed....so help feed the brain and let us know how to figure it out
please ^_^
oh sorry!...i forgot...i'll tell everyone tomorrow...i'm sleepy