Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamesurge being Lame
This is the lame excuse

Quote:G-line Query

Checking for a G-line on 'port568.ds1-rd.adsl.cybercity.dk' (212.242.209.7)...

1 G-line found for your host.

* Expires: 10/21/2004 07:44:53 PM PDT
    * Reason: bots/clones (You are infected with a virus, and spreading it. Visit http://www.gamesurge.net/utils/gline/)

Explanation of the G-line reason:

Generally a "bots/clones" G-line is issued because a large collection of infected computers (called a "botnet") joined the channel and triggered what is called a join-flood. The bots that were involved with that attack are G-lined with this G-line message. Even if you do not ever recall joining that channel, it is possible that you have an IRC bot trojan on your computer, which gives a malicious user control over your connection, making you part of that botnet. If that is the case, you should scan your computer for any bots or trojans, to make sure you are clean. Post on the forums after you have scanned your computer and deleted any trojans, viruses, or malicious bots. Make sure you read the G-line posting FAQ before you post requesting your G-line be removed.

For more in-depth help, please read our Virus Removal help page.

If you are G-lined for this reason, you probably have some kind of virus. Before jumping to conclusions and claiming that you run a virus scanner 24/7, you should realize that many viruses that surface on IRC are not very old, or widespread, and therefore, most virus scanners will not detect them. You should run several various scanners, each of which specialize in detecting different viruses. One scanner you should try is called The Cleaner, by MooSoft. Download it from their website here. Another good scanner to try is called SwatIt, download it here. After you have scanned and disinfected your computer, post on our forums, in the G-lined forum here. Be forwarned that 1) we will only remove the G-line if you are sure that you are no longer infected; and 2) If you only "say" you have removed the virus, but in fact you have not, you will most likely be G-lined again when it is detected again, so it is to your benefit to actually clean your system, and not lie just for the sake of being ung-lined. If you have scanned and cannot find the virus using any of the tools mentioned, try making a post, asking for help locating the virus. Before you post, whether you have disinfected your machine or not, make sure you read the Posting FAQ in the forum, which is the first post, on the top, when viewing the forum.

What is 10/21/2004 07:44:53 PM PDT in GMT+1:00 ?
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]
welll That's a month from now. But your asking about the time sooo.. i dunno
a month... christ...
ffs gamesurge (blames gamesurge for really really really really really bad detection of none infected comps)
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]
Then make a post in their forums like it says.