Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just so you know....
Figured I better tell people here now before anyone hears anything about it...

A 747 MK British cargo plane crashed this morning at Halifax International airport while taking off. I had a cargo of lawn tractors and seafood. It crashed into a rock quarry near the end of one of the runways. 7 people on board, I haven't heard if anyone was taken to the hospital so I'm presuming they are dead. :/ No one else is hurt as far as I know.

Had a friend out at the airport going to california so was pretty worried at first when I got a call around 6:30am (least thats when the phone finally woke me up).

All the highways around the airport were closed and are now starting to open now. No flights in or out so my friend is still stuck there for now.

Figured that I would tell yas about it just incase anyone heard anything. So far they don't know what caused it as it could be anything.
they think the tail of the plane touched the runway at takeoff. they left the US after picking up the tractors and went to canada to get the seafood.
ya there is some pretty big chunks of the plane.

From the sounds of it the payload might have shifted as the plane was taking off.

Also this is not the first of their planes to crash, this is the 4th. All of them have crashed on either take off or landing. So thats not a good sign.