Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day of Defeat
Does anyone play Day of Defeat ?

Perhaps a forum could be set up to talk about it? I've only just started playing it but I find it quite entertaining.

I've never looked at the game before but I bought the 'Silver' Half life2 pack and the game appeared.

Do people feel strongly against playing war simulations?
We used to have a forum when PIX had a server for it awhile back. Unfourtunatly he only ran the server for a month.

We are not going to have a forum for every game that people like. That's how forums get too cluttered. That's why we try to keep specific game forums to the games offered on Vadavaka's servers. Now maybe when DOD:Source comes out maybe we can get a forum cause I've been looking into a server for that, but who knows when that will come out.

That's why we have the Misc.Games forum where anybody can post to spark intrest in people to tell them about other games out there. I recently made a couple posts about Tribes, Men of Valor, and Burnout 3 for the Xbox.

I enjoy playing war similulations cause I am a history buff. Even though they are no where real I like them. You should try out the Men of Valor demo. It deals with the Vietnam War if you get too bored with WWII games.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
It's a good game. Wha and rUsh and I are in the same clan for it.
I used to play it a lot, and found it very fun.

The first few days was hard because aiming is completely different from counter-strike and other similar FPS games, you have to stop to aim, recoil goes up all the way just by moving a bit. All classes seem to be balanced, riflemen usually get one shot kills, but they need to have good aim (because of the delay in shooting. It's much like the AWP in CS except there's no scope, you have a crosshair, and you can't move at all if you want a clean shot).

I used to change classes a lot, it depends what the current situation is. If I'm fighting the middle, rifle all the way, if I'm pushing, I go either Staff Sergeant or Unteroffizier(sp), they are great for both close range and mid range because of the super low recoil and ability to run and aim fairly well at close range. By the end I considered myself to be pretty good, usually getting a 2:1 ratio. I actually saw Vash on a local server once, he could tell you I don't suck:P

I stopped playing because of Ricochet and CS. Ricochet for obvious reasons, and CS because I rather be able to easily spot someone and depend on my reaction time and aim than have cat-like eyes in DoD and spot camouflaged opponents before they spot me. That's pretty much the only thing I don't like about DoD, it's not really the camping, that doesn't bother me in DoD, it's the ability to hide yourself. It depends what you like, if you like more realism, DoD is for you, if you want more action, CS and Ricochet.
We should all get together and find a server to do some damage to.:)
DOD Kickes ass
i play..sometimes, i used to play more but now not so much
SNOWDAWG,Oct 26 2004, 04:55 AM Wrote:We should all get together and find a server to do some damage to.:)
DOD Kickes ass
im down for that, heh i can try my new mic out ^_^