Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banners on Ricochet servers...
Well, this is basically some suggestions to make the banners in Holdout's a bit less distracting. Normally I never notice them, hell, sometimes I play the game with my peripheral vision anyway. But there's a notably distracting one, I can't remember what it is, but it's like 4 lines and in kind of a light blue, and it's caused me a couple of deaths. Someone released a freeze shot from the peak of their jump, I never saw the disc, and it curved under the banner and it was too late by then.
Anyway, my thoughts are, make all of the banners green. It's not particularly bright or anything, and it differs in colors from the discs so there is contrast. Second, make all the banners like 1 or 2 lines max. 3 or 4 just gets in the way.
And lastly, one of the banners says "Use key blocking plugin installed." Now, every so often, someone relatively new to the server comes in and thinks that the message means that the plugin ADDS use key blocking. Not that it matters, I guess, but rewording it or just getting rid of it would get rid of a bunch of questions that I chew out newbs about. It always prompts "what is use key blocking?" "oh, we can block on this server?" etc etc.
I changed the banners to green for the Message of the Moment plugin. Let me know if this is better.

I changed the wording of the "Use Key..." but don't have access to the colors. See if this works. I wanted to thank Hullu since he did this as a favor out of his typcially hectic routine.

Thanks for the feedback g-boy.
Thanks for responding to the feedback :D
Who is Hullu anyway?
he isnt always 'evil' ......he even released jabba from FL I see:P
Hullu is big in writing advanced plugins for CS and other mods.
Examples are lowering ping plugin for servers and boosting fps.