Poll: Would you give up your lifestyle if it meant saving future generations from the effects of Global Warming?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I would in an instant.
27.27%
6 27.27%
Hell no, I like electricity, cars, and easily available food.
13.64%
3 13.64%
I rather wait and see what new technologies bring.
59.09%
13 59.09%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global Warming and you.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/10/27...g.ap/index.html

Apparently, the government isn't paying attention to warnings from most scientists (specifically, the ones that are being blunt about this problem). Let me tell you, it's an obvious problem. Some people think it's just a phase, a warming period on Earth that occurs naturally. Well, that's a lot of bullshit, the proof is THERE, not only proof about the greenhouse effect, but how it can seriously affect us in the future (be it soon or in 300 years). New technologies bring promises, nanotechnology, hydrogen fueled cars, nuclear energy, what have you. The problem? Not only do we not know what exactly nanotechnology will bring (if anything, though it does seem very promising), or how much energy hydrogen fluid takes to make, or if nuclear energy will ever really be safe or even provide enough power to completely replace oil, but we have no idea when we'll take that next step, to clean the atmosphere of all the filth, to replace everyone's dependance on oil with clean substances. I just want you guys to be aware. While we're at war here in the U.S., little money is being spent on finding ways to slow down or prevent us from reaching the point where global warming is irreversable. The world needs to act, the signs are there and clear, the planet and everything that lives in it is in danger, and that danger is very real.

What are your thoughts on global warming and what human beings should do to stop something terrible from happening to our planet?
the big money is in using oil, and I believe they will do anything and everything to keep it that way, when or if someone developes something that uses less oil or is more efficient it starts a bidding war from the oil companies to buy up the invention so they will keep thier money safe, and if it cant be bought then they have to enact laws that say they are unsafe or "will need further testing". But thats just what I think.
Haven't you heard of "peak production"? The planet is running out of oil. It will eventually be as much of a crisis for us as it will be for most other rich countries.
that's the reasobe why e.g. dubai is building huge hotels and stuff like this. they are building an island in the sea too. they do this cause they know that they wil have no oil in some years so they are searching for other things to earn money
This is the part no one wishes to be part off... as it will happen some day... Even though that everything is reserved as for energi in this world. Natural resources will not last for ever as resources takes many many years to be "created". Things like Oil and Gas will run out maybe faster then anyone would have guessed.

We will then have to use "alternative energi sources" such as Brint.. <-- dont know if its the english word:)
Because the H will merge with another H becoming H2... unmerging again to 2H. making them avalible again ..

If i remember right then its already tested with cars.... none of them have blown up.... yet...
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]
The problem with hydrogen fuel is that it goes boom. A lot more so than gasoline.
I hear an engine that recycles gasoline is in the works, supposedly up to about 80% recyle rate...
How do you recycle something that burns? Makes no sense to me.
kind of... most engines dont completely burn the fuel, so im guessing by recyucling he means pumping the stuff round for another go. Willing to bet that releases more nastily toxic gases though, so that may remain in the works for some time. And thats assuming theyve even solved the problem of evil hot gases exploding more readily causing anything from knocking to boomboom.

quite frankly yes, we should be more responsible (points finger at 4x4 owners(thats SUV to americans)) but i dont see anything bar a world war actually implementing those changes. Thats just the way it goes.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
Russia Kyoto Protocol
Wasn't sure how many people caught this
Didnt catch it but it makes me somewhat happy.

Now all I have to do is remember which country it is that by being downwind from the US (on a global scale) gets a lot of their pollution so i can use it to throw metaphorical sticks. Admittedly theres probably already a few thousand ppl doing the same thing but every little helps.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
you know what it hink i think we gun die.
what's sad is it's not even about immediate profits.

everyone wants constant growth(preferably exponential) as opposed to "sitting pretty."

you can never be too rich...right...?
That's how it is with a capitalist nation, if this keeps up we'll be going to war with the rest of the world within 50 years.
on the subject of capitalism.... wth are nike and co going to do when they run out of countries with cheap underpaid labour?

oh, i know, invade somebody:D
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!