Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World of Warcraft or Everquest 2
I was wondering if anyone can help me decide what to get, World of Warcraft or Everquest 2. I have friend thats are playing EQ2, but have been told by roleplaying game experts that WOW is the way to go

keep in mind that I'm a nub at these roleplaying games, always just played fps games
I would recommend WoW. I am currently playing the open beta, and it is awesome. This game will be especially good for you because it is easy to learn and play. I have never played EQ or EQ2 so I cannot compare them. But from what ive seen with WoW, for a new mmo player.. it is the way to go.
I have played WoW, EQ, and EQ2 (I have only played EQ2 for an hour or so). It really just depends on what you like. WoW and EQ2 are both new games, and fun to play. Eq2 seemed easy to understand and play, with simple commands and a good tutorial. WoW is a little more complicated of a game, with its death and PvP system. Also, in my opinion, I think Eq2 looked better than WoW, but that just an opinion... I would go with Eq2 simply because I think it would hold my intrests longer than WoW; but, WoW would probably be a good idea if you don't have hours upon hours of free time to invest into a game, because of what I know from playing EQ1, you'll need it.
I'd suggest joining a PvP server for WoW. I've never seen the point of an ever accentuating grind with fairly repetitive quests when it comes to EQ, but I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. I haven't played WoW or EQ2, but from what I've read and heard, I think I'll be purchasing World of Warcraft.
Dont play eq2 its just like eq i swear to you.

Im pl aying wow in the current beta which ends today but its great man. The RAIDS ARE AWESOME YOU CAN KILL THE ALLIANCE PLAYERS AND GO TO THEIR TOWNS OMG I love THIS GAME IS TIGHT!!

PVP is so fun man. Eq2 is just a waste.

Wow is a way of life.

BTW im horde for life. I hope apex goes alliance so one day i can meet you up in ashenvale.:P
I went to the WoW website and I still don't understand the game completely. Then again, I've never played an mmorpg before. What does PvP mean (Person vs. Person maybe)? Does it feature a real-time battle system or turn-based?

The game does look like a lot of fun. Another thing I like is that they say you don't have to invest hours upon hours at a time. I would probably like mmporgs if they didn't suck time like a Hoover.

I have played rpgs before but my experiences have been limited to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Nethack and the Phantasy Star series.
Trigun.Vash.Ace.Shot,Nov 18 2004, 03:05 AM Wrote:BTW im horde for life. I hope apex goes alliance so one day i can meet you up in ashenvale.:P
Sry man, but I also prefer The Horde. Maybe we can join forces instead?:)

Zug Zug!... (hehe inside joke)
hahaahaha.:)

lol you watch hte orc dance apex the orc can dance like mc hammer. when i 1st saw it i was laughin my ass off crying man.

Im a tauren and like everyone was dancin glike morons ahahhah i twas funny.

hahaa ch eck this out apex. http://mod-dev.com/shrine/DanceVersion2.wmv

oh these lyrics have explicit content btw. they just cus a bit for like 10 seconds.
Ive seen it before. I think those two gnomes were the funniest.:)
I've decided that I'm not getting either one for now, reason being my best friend just got EverCrack 2 and played it 8 hours yesterday and 12 hours today :blink: I wish I had the time to play it, but I can't right now. Maybe I'll reconsider after the holidays