Poll: which one do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Half life 2
56.52%
13 56.52%
Halo 2
0%
0 0%
They both stink
0%
0 0%
They both suck
4.35%
1 4.35%
I have only played halo 2
0%
0 0%
I have only played half life 2
8.70%
2 8.70%
I havent played either
30.43%
7 30.43%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
halo 2 or half life 2
I have played both games. I've beaten hl2 and have not yet beaten halo 2. In my opinion half life 2 beats halo 2 hands down. Graphically, halo 2 pushes the xbox too far. I have noticed in a lot of the cutscenes that the draw distances on the characters will change dramatically when you get close to them. This usually happens on details on the face of characters as the camera or you, get closer to them. Half life 2, looks great. I think thats pretty clear cut (mainly because of hardware diffrences betwen PC and XBOX). Gameplay wise, halo 2 is pretty fun, with good action. You can drive vehicles and take over enemy gun turrets and even play as the coveniant. In half life 2 you cant play as the combine, but you can take over gun turrets and drive vehicles. In halo 2 the purpose of the vehicles were to make you more efficent of a killer. In half life 2, the purpose is to get from point A to point B with as many dangerous things as humanly possible in the middle. Enemy helicopters for example. I really liked how they worked in the vehicles into hl2. In halo 2 they were fun, but not as much fun. My friend beat halo 2 in nine hours, which isnt very long. Half life 2 is deffinatley more then 9 hours in legnth. If your a huge halo fan then halo 2 will be a great experiance for you. Ditto with half life 2.
I enjoy HL2 single player more than Halo2. HL2 just has more substance. The multiplayer in Halo 2 though is great. It has alot of modes and variations to keep everybody happy. Only thing that annoyed me about Halo 2 was the abrupt ending to the game.

Overall though even though I like HL2 more I also enjoy Halo2

Curious though why you have 2 options in your poll that are the same.

The reason for those graphics issues you see on Halo 2 is cause the developers decided to use Normal Mapping in Halo 2. Overall though it is the best graphically you are going to get on the Xbox console.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Having played Halo, having heard from a friend that Halo2 sucks worse than the first one did, and having played Half-Life 2, I'll have to say that HL2 is the only way to go, it's definetely a MUST HAVE. You will not regret buying it over Halo 2, I assure you.
i have halo 2 but not yet own hl2. i havn't played halo 2 yet though because after i brought it home i realised that halo had been left unfinished so now i'm beating it first. 2 more levels to go!
Quote:Curious though why you have 2 options in your poll that are the same.
It was 3 30 in the morning. So ya, an accident.
FreeFall,Nov 22 2004, 08:48 AM Wrote:i have halo 2 but not yet own hl2. i havn't played halo 2 yet though because after i brought it home i realised that halo had been left unfinished so now i'm beating it first. 2 more levels to go!
You gotta beat it on legendary mode. With coop mode and a friend it doesnt take too long.....
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]