Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blade Trinity (Review with spoilers)
As some of you may or may not know I won some free tickets to go see an early showing of Blade Trinity (opens in theaters Dec 8). Well here is my little review of it, remember it does contain spoilers so just know that you have been warned. I have left out some of the more important stuff though.

Spoiler space...

This was a great movie.

Basics of the story. The vampires find and awaken Dracula, the first vampire. Hes got alot of powers including the ability to walk in daylight. Hes not totally pleased with the current vamps walking around as they are not like what they used to be and he didn't like being woken up either, but he gets over that.

Again as usual the action was top notch. The movie starts off with a bang and all hell breaks loose with vamps dying everywhere. There are new and interesting weapons. I liked the knife that could be used like a whip. Starts out as a knife and he can whip it around like a whip and slice up vamps. I wasn't big on the bow shaped laser like weapon. To me it seemed a little too bulky for someone to carry around, and a we bit too dangerours. Also I really can't see people running around with a bow in this day and age when they could have a gun that can firing father, faster and can hide it easier.

Wesley Snipes (Blade), what else can I say about his character but very well done again. I've always felt that Snipes was perfect to play the Blade character. He can play it nice and cool just like Blade does. He really makes you think that all hes interested in doing is killing vamps and I'm glad he stuck with the series. We don't learn anything new about Blade but we do see that he likes kids. hehe

Jessica Biel (Abigail Whistler) is hot and is a good fighter in the movie. You don't see any interaction with Whistler which would have been good to see but Whistler wasn't around long enough for the 2 to talk about their past. but we do get to find out at least a little bit about her. She used a bow and arrow when fighting the vamps. You would think that she would use something that has more ammo and don't take as long to reload and fire.

Ryan Reynolds (Hannibal King) I didn't like his character all that much but I think thats because in basically every scene hes in hes cracking a joke. I didn't like that, yes the jokes were funny most of the time and I do expect a few but its suppose to be an action movie not a comedy. His gun was also annoying, it whinned when he picked it up. You would think that when trying to stalk down vamps you would want a gun thats quiet when not being fired.

Kris Kristofferson (Abraham Whistler) while he wasn't in the movie all that long he played the part perfectly.

Dominic Purcell (Dracula/Drake) kind of an interesting character. In the movie Dracula is much older then in everything else that has included his name in it. Also his powers differ too. He can walk in the day and shape shift to look like other humans, but not into a bat. Hes good with a sword and in the end... well he turns out to be a different person then you think.

Paul Michael Levesque (aka Triple H from Wrestling) (Jarko Grimwood). Oh man why can't they bring in a wrestler into a movie and NOT have him do wrestling moves. He plays the typical stong man with lack of brains. It would be nice to see a wrestler not play that typical role. (and this is coming from someone that don't watch or like wrestling)

Parker Posey (Danica Talos) An interesting and strange character. Shes a stong headed woman that wanted to bring Dracula around so that the vampire bloodline could be strengthend.

Now down to my likes and dislikes.

Way too much swearing. Every few scenes seemed to have someone saying the f word. It wasn't needed and kind of dumbed down the movie.

Too many jokes from Reynolds. As I said nearly every scene had him saying some sort of joke or at least not taking things very seriously.

Loved the start of the movie with the 4 vampires in protective gear walking in the desert in the daylight then one of them turning around and giving the finger to the sun. hehe

As usual the music was fast paced and went well with what was happening on screen. I didn't win the soundtrack but as long as its just like what was in the movie it might get on a "buy this CD when its cheaper in the future" list.

The computer graphics were done much better this time around then in the last movie. You could tell when they used computer graphics, but not as easily as in Blade 2.

A vampire dog... correction a vampire pomeranian is one of the funniest things I have heard of and worked well in the story. hehe

Setting up Blade so that the humans would hunt him was a good idea and really I would have done that right from the start (before the movies when they knew about him and knew that he was going to be a pest) but at least they got around to it.

I just love all the cool weapons. Specially his sword. The whining gun was annoying though.

It could have been longer and some things could have been a little more indepth but I was still happy.

Graphics: 9 out of 10
Audio: 10 out of 10
Story: 8 out of 10
Characters: 6 out of 10 (that joke teller really killed here, if it wasn't for him I would have given at least an 8 out of 10

Overall I would give this movie 8.5 dead vamps out of 10. :)

If I had not won tickets to see an early showing of it I do think it would be well worth my 15 bucks (ticket, nochos, bottle of pop, bus fair)