Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remakes of Old maps
I don't know if they are official, but i have played remakes of Frenzy, crossfire, gasworks and stalkyard on servers, and they are all fully functional. Stalkyard has a few small bugs, but is really fun to play on, frenzy and crossfire are like identical, and gasworks is almost a little too big for this game. I dont know if they will be included in the map update that is coming soon (the one that will include the new maps from the map contest) but if they arent, i propose that we atleast get frenzy and crossfire. I can upload them if you want.
Have to be careful as there are numerous versions floating around. I have seen a few like dm_crossfire2_b3 which is the latest of that map. There is also one called dm_crossfire_source. There are a few others.

Another good one is dm_steelball_v4.

The thing that annoys me is that there are a few server operators out there that rename the maps sometimes by taking the version number off the end of it or some other odd thing. So you may have the correct map, but because they renamed it the server makes you download it cause it thinks it is differant.

I have been trying to find some maps too in order to help out the server here, but I am lacking motivation cause not too many seem interested in playing HL2DM around here so I have had to go elsewere.

Good to see another helping hand.:thumb:
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I wish I could just figure out where these maps are coming from. Are they official valve remakes? It would be good if they were standardized conversions. It would be sweet if they released like 5 new maps plus all the old ones in full working glory. If we brought back some of the old regs it would be just like back in the day. Ah, nostalgia....
What's hard to figure out where they are from? People are making them just like any map.

The only official maps are the 2 that came with HL2DM.
I just wish it wasnt random ppl remaking it, i want valve to remake these maps, that way we wouldnt have to deal with these clashing versions.
Yes it is a pain to deal with. Looking forward to the DM update to see how these new weapons work out.

Alot of maps keep coming out daily do it is hard to keep up. Usually I just scan the server list to get a general feel of what is popular to see what to test out. I have a few but I still have alot of work to do.

Right now it's in my "I don't really care" list of things to finish. Generally speaking I will get to it, but I have other things that intrest me right now. My main focus right now is getting back into the UT2004 mod scene.

I will do another map hunt this Sunday though to see what I can find to see if I can spark any life into our server.