Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things being worked on
Edit :February 27,2005 New maps and rotation finished.
Edit: February 20, 2005 MOTD revised and sv_downloadurl put in place

I decided to post this to keep people informed on things being worked on for the server.

February 18, 2005

Adding "sv_downloadurl" to make it easier for people to download maps off the server. It helps speed up the clog of people who sit on the server taking up spots.

Priority: Very High-------------Current Status: Complete
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adding more maps to make for an even robust rotation. My goal is to eventually have a 20-25 map rotation which by then we will be able to switch in and out maps. For now we have a start. In the next update steelball will be rotated out. We have a 25 minute time limit, but steelball bores people out after 10-15 minutes. It can still be called up if people get the urge to play.

Priority: High---------------------Current Status: Complete.
Maps may be ready to be added late this weekend. Testing must be done prior and if anyone is interested in helping test them once they are added to the server let me know. I like to lock the server during testing that is why. If everything works then the maps will be added to the rotation. DL asked me to check out this "buggy" map. I found it fun to mess around in and I think will be better with a bunch of people. Steelball was a odd map and I think this one will be a more enjoyable replacement.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adding a few rules to the MOTD. Right now it gives the map rotation, link to website, and the phrase "Treat others with respect or be banned"

Priority: Medium-------------------Current Status: Complete
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Quote:Adding "sv_downloadurl" to make it easier for people to download maps off the server. It helps speed up the clog of people who sit on the server taking up spots.

I will need GB and miagi's help on this one

Quote:Adding more maps to make for an even robust rotation. My goal is to eventually have a 20-25 map rotation which by then we will be able to switch in and out maps. For now we have a start. In the next update steelball will be rotated out. We have a 25 minute time limit, but steelball bores people out after 10-15 minutes. It can still be called up if people get the urge to play.

took steelball off the rotation and put dm_steamlab on
current rotation

Quote:dm_lockdown
cityseventeen_com_22
dm_crossfire2_b3
dm_overcast
dm_void
dm_substorage
obj_revolters12b
dm_overwatch
dm_outpost
obj_revolters12a
dm_steamlab

Quote:Just some loose ends to tie up. Even though in the motd it says to visit our site for maps and rules I would like to add a few basic things to the motd to help us admins from giving warnings left and right. Make it short and sweet so people don't have to read much. Point out no f word and nothing racist, bigoted, or sexually graphic the big stuff that we don't want.

New Motd should read
Quote:No sexually explicit language
Drop the F bomb and expect to get kicked
All biggots and racists are
     permanently banned on first offense.
Power and Glory,Feb 18 2005, 11:41 PM Wrote:Priority: High---------------------Current Status: In Progress.
Maps may be ready to be added late this weekend. Testing must be done prior and if anyone is interested in helping test them once they are added to the server let me know. I like to lock the server during testing that is why.
if u still need ppl for testing I would like to help :D
As always Grits thanks for the input and the help.:)

Always room for whoever wants to help test. When I get the next map pack done i will post the password in IRC. You would need the maps in advance though as it would be pointless to sit on the server downloading the map while i am constantly changing the map.
I edited the status report to reflect on the completed projects from yesterday. The motd has been revised with a few additional rules so people new to the server know what we don't allow. Thanks to Grits for helping out there.

The sv_downloadurl redirect is now operational to help speed up downloads off the server. Seemed to work well yesterday. Thanks to Miagi, Gwar and Grits for doing the work that was involved and testing it out.

Only one thing left and that involes the maps and that status is still the same. I am continuing work in that area today. Like I have said though no promises.

Hopefully after all of this I will not have to bother anyone with anything major for awhile and we can just enjoy playing. We got the top priority thing out of the way so the light at the end of the tunnel gets closer.
All current projects have been completed. If anything new pops up or if someone has any suggestions let me know.