Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New and Current Map Cycle
Sorry about this long post, but I just want to keep everyone informed of what is going on since we have alot of new stuff..

This is the latest update to the map cycle. Sorry about the delay. The cycle has been on the server since about mid-week, but little things kept popping up with certain maps so I held off posting this until everything got worked out.

First some news on changes.

We have one deletion from the last cycle and that is dm_steelball_v4. People tended to get bored after 10-15 minutes with it plus the slow action it had. The stock map Steamlab has also been removed due to the physics problem that it can cause. We had it happen to our server last weekend. We don't know what causes it, but once it happens it affects all maps on the server. There is a thread in the Steam forums about this.

Current maps on watch for removal: dm_void, obj_revolters12a, and 12b.

The reason is cause i do notice a dropoff when these maps are played. One of the reasons I think is that people do not want to be bothered with the objectives and just want to shoot people. I can understand that. It was risky when I chose them, but that was when we were first starting and I wanted to see if they created a spark. I think the problem with dm_void is it is kinda bland. There's not much to the map. Not alot in choice of weapons either. I don't think it's because it's small cause other small maps people like. Those 3 maps have been on the server for the past 3 weeks. I am going to see if they pick up in any popularity mixed in with the new maps and rotation. After this week I will decide what to do with them.

All of these maps are on the website. This is about as large of a cycle we are going to have. My limit is 25 and we are close to that now. Updates from now on will mostly be in the form of switching in and out new maps to keep the server fresh. There will be no more 10 map mappacks as it is hard trying to find that many decent ones.

Now finally the new maps and rotation: 2 stock maps 19 custom maps
dm_lockdown
dm_crossfire2_b3
dm_industrial
dm_substorage
dm_avalon_b1
dm_kingofthehill
obj_revolters12a
dm_overcast
dm_overwatch
dm_watergate
dm_motel
obj_revolters12b
dm_outpost
dm_island17
cityseventeen_com22
dm_morbid
dm_void
dm_inevitableconflict
dm_bellas_room
dm_subwayv1
dm_cabin_ss

As always any suggestions for any additions let me know so i can check them out.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I like the cabin and bella's room, they are the old 'rat' maps and are a lot of fun with the new look