Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Men 2 review (WITH SPOILERS)
Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead...

There is that enough warnings for you??? NO!?!?!?!?!!? ok fine....

Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead... Spoilers ahead...

ok hows that? Good? ok then on with the post...

My review of it...

Sound: 10/10
Special Effects: 12/10
Story line: 10/10
Length: 9.5/10 (could have been longer thou it is over 2 hours long this time)(BTW I went to the bath room before the movie and I can hold it for a while if needed, but didn't need to)

How close were these characters to the ones in the comics and cartoon...

While not everything is exact the characters are pretty close (wolverine even says bub in this one and goes ballistic with some intruders)

Nightcrawler was pretty cool thou his power was a little different then I remember it being.

Rouge still can't fly, don't have super strength and her accent was not as strong.

Lots of mutants involved in this movie most of them I don't know who they are. Collosses is in there (big russian mutant that can go from regular skin to metal skin) thou I didn't hear him talk much so I didn't hear if he had a russian accent or not.

Pyro is there and by the looks of it will be in the next movie.

Kittie Pride (Not sure how her name is spelled) is in there (falls through bed and floor, runs through wall)

Lady Deathstrike, what can I say... the female version of Wolverine. What a nice fight. She was not much like she was in the comics and cartoon thou. In them she was out to kill Wolverine for what happened to her because she was inlove with him and when he left her she had the treatment done to her to make her like him. (I believe thats what happened I can't remember fully)

Dr. Hank McCoy who made an apearance on a TV for a few seconds as an expert on mutants (before the beast within him needs a shave, in other words he still looked human)

I also loved how Jean used her powers in that fight with you know who and did you know what to the you know where. I'm going to try to work on that effect and see what I can come up with.

I know I'm leaving things out, but I don't want this post to be too long...

This is what I think will be happening and what we might see in the next movie.

It sure looks like Phoenix will be involved and they are sticking with at least one part of the phoenix story line, she starts out in the water.

We "might" see Gambit (his name was on a computer screen)

I'm gonna guess that we might see the Sentinals too. Something just tells me that we will.

Beast (Again this is just a hope, but you gotta love the big blue fuzzball) (I can see him being a 100% 3D character)

I hope to see Wolverine and Sabertooth go at it in the next movie. They have always had great fights in the comics and cartoons, I hope that their past is mixed together like it is in the comics and cartoons.
Good, I was hoping you'd get to phoenix and gambit, looked like you weren't gonna mention it. Also you see Jubilee in the very last scene, sitting closest to the professor. Kitty has been in both movies now, with only 1 scene in each, lol.
My friend told me that Rogue gets her super strength and flying abilities from Wonder Woman (I've never heard this, not sure where he got it from). But anyway, I figured that was sort of the deal... I had a few ideas of how they get her more powers for the movies. One, she gets it from another mutant, or whatever (I doubt they'd use Wonder Woman, it'd probably be someone else). Two, she slowly gathers power from so many mutants she's touched, it makes her more powerful. Three, she gets it from radiation (like so many comic book characters do...). Or four, she learns to focus and finds dormant powers.
Phoenix will definitely be a big part of the next movie. When her eyes glowed as she stopped the missile, I was shocked... I never figured they'd throw in phoenix this early. It would almost be like the next spiderman movie skipping over venom and going straight to carnage. It was rather cool, but I still thought a bit early. So the next one will probably, as you said, have sentinels, juggernaut, phoenix. Since it is the movies, and they have admitted they're not going to follow the comics perfectly or anything, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw all of those things together. Perhaps even apocolypse will be there.
One mention about Deathstrike... once again, my friend told me something I didn't really know, but deathstrike is not supposed to be a mutant. She is basically marvel's version of the bionic woman. In the movie, they give her basically the same powers as wolverine.
And last thing I'll mention, it's basically my only problem with the movies. Give Cyclops more to do! In both movies, he barely uses his power at all. Now, he's like their leader in battle, so he's in command when Xavier isn't around. He's supposed to be really tactically brilliant, he's the most powerful X-Man next to Xavier currently in the movies, in terms of raw destructive power. If he were a villain, he'd be unstoppable, just open his eyes and blow away everything in his path. The dam scene... he could have gone outside, taken off the visor, and just evaporated all of the water. One time in the movies, they should have wolverine or someone go up to him, and say "Now, I hear you can punch a hole in a mountain... let's find a nice secluded spot, and see some fireworks, whatta ya say?"
In the comics and cartoon Rouge got her powers from Miss Marval.

Mystic had her as a kick and on her team she made Rouge do bad things. Well one day Miss Marval tried to stop them, Rouge latched onto her. She wanted to stop but Mystic basically being her mother (as it turns out Mystic was actually her mother from what I remember) told Rouge not to let go.

So insead of just getting her powers for a short time, she put Miss Marval into a coma and took on her powers for good, along with keeping her own powers.

Wonder Woman had nothing to do with it. BTW in the comics and cartoon Mystic is also Night Crawler's mother.

I didn't see Jublie in there, but then again I didn't reconizer her from the last movie.

And from what I remember you are right about deathstrike. She wasn't a mutant to begin with, but had herself experimented on so that she could get back at Logan.

I don't see all those things happening in the next movie. There would just be too many things going on.

The coming war (either mutant vs mutant or mutant vs humans or a bit of both), Logan's past (thou I hear that might be getting a movie on its own), a little fling with Night Crawler and Storm (I could see something there), Phoenix rising (I wonder if they will have her as dark phoenix or good phoenix) Sentinals, Apocolypse (and with him you need Bishiop and/or Cable)

There is just so many things that they can do in the x-men universe that they could easily have another 10 movies that are over 3 hours each and still not cover all that much.

BTW I knew there was going to be something to do with Phoenix when we first seen her in the museum having problems.

I just can't wait for the next movie, I believe its going to rock!!! :D
In the cartoon Mystique (that's how you spell it!) is Nightcrawlers mother, nothing like that is ever mentioned, oh well, no big deal really.

Phoenix is going to be badass hopefully, that was my favorite saga in any cartoon that I saw as a kid. All cartoons now are shit though, pokemon, yu-gi-oh(my brother watches this) ... WTF?! Anime for children should all burn.
Rogue! Rogue! Rouge is French for red, and is pronounced with a J sound! Hehe... at first I thought it was a typo, then I started to convulse when you did it every time. Anyway, as I said, I never heard anything about Wonder Woman either... the story you just told about Miss Marvel is the same one my friend told me with Wonder Woman, so he must have just made a mistake. One of them Marvel women...
When I was reading about the movie on the website, they said something about there possibly being a connection between Mystique and Nightcrawler because of their skin and eyes... so they'll probably throw that in there at some point.
I never said Jubilee was in the last movie... she was in X2, last scene. You can recognize her because of like the leather, hairspray, huge loop earrings. If you look at the cast of characters, it shows a Jubilee, so that would be her.