Poll: Camping should be allowed in HL2DM
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes, its part of the game,learn to stratigize and move on
50.00%
6 50.00%
no, it puts an unfair advantage to any player
0%
0 0%
doesnt matter, I kill everyone anyways
50.00%
6 50.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HL2DM, What is what
I hate this discussion but I need everyones opinion. I was on dm_overcast and I had the Crossbow on the roof top, someone accused me of camping. I really hate that.
I always go by this principle: Camping is ok, but spawn camping is not. If you find a good spot on the map to hide out and get kills then all the power to you. It is Deathmatch and people have to realize that.

Spawn killing is fine too as long as you are not camping the spot where people spawn. Sometimes people spawn right in front of you and your natural reaction is to shoot. Spawn camping is hard on most maps anyway since all spawn points are used by both teams. So it's not like people can really rack of kills doing that.

I know the map well that you mention. We recently took it off the server to rotate some newer maps in. One of the first few times I played it Quick used to go up there alot with crossbow. He killed me a bunch of times, but that just made me even more to want to get up there to get revenge.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I have to agree it is appropriate for the game. it is a strategy that works for some, you have to learn to defend against it......and I hear that on the vadavaka server even the owner camps so I guess it will always be allowed there:rolleyes:
also have to agree on the spawn camping kills, just unfair if it is habitual

and welcome to the forums hacksaw:thumb:
I dont really think camping is as big as an advantage as its made out to be. In CS for example, if someone is camping behind a box in a hallway to shoot ppl from the side as the walk by the box. It doesnt offer much of an advantage because you can see the players side (if looking) before the camper can see you.

In DOD its more beneficial because you can go prone and make yourself much harder to see.
i agree with killing someone that just popped up infront of you... cause if you think of it... if you leave that person there, he/she is probably going to shot you in the back anyway....

but if your purposely sitting and waiting for people to spawn just to get a kill.... then thats just wrong... people should figure out a better way of killing people than nabbing the kill someone when they`re vulnerable....

and a person camping doesn`t really make the "indestructable".... there is always a way to kill them!!
Death To Campers!

Nah, only in ricochet because of spawn campers.

Camping in every other game is fair game. People just need to realize the purpose of games, to have fun. I get bored when I try to camp so I don't do it, that and I get more kills running around, but if people find it fun camping, then let them have their fun.

The mappers need to start picking better spawn points though, instead of just placing them anywhere or in the center of rooms, it gets frustrating when you get spawn killed 3 times in a row, but hey it's only a score...

Oh, and if I'm ever on and say something like "CAMPER!!!", it's usually a joke.

Gimme a buggy and I'll show those campers!!!
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

Well thanks for the welcoming. I have played on V's HL2DM for about a solid 3 months now. I love it, great maps, no lag, and i feel welcome at it.

I was playing yesturday and there was this guy (remain nameless) kept yelling at me for getting rocket kills and camping in overwatch. Mind you I was on the top floor with the RPG killing him everytime he tried to come up there. I hate people who "complain incessently" about RPGers. I love the Rocket Luancher, I am surgical with it.

Hacksaw Jack, Your friendly neighborhood serial killer.

no problem Hack, the words that are used as insults are filtered even when they arent used to aggravate ppl
[Image: hacksaw2qp.jpg]
I don't mind camping, as long as it's not spawn camping. Here are two examples that campers haven't got any real advantage:

dm_overwatch: Just throw a grenade or something else explosive up there and the camper is dead or take him from behind with any weapon.
any CS-map: When you know the positions, you can move slowly and surprise him or just throw in a grenade and rush.

I only don't like it when I'm playing CS and there are two campers remaining (each in the opposite team) and there is a very high round timelimit and you have to wait a long time until they either move or the round ends.
GRITS,Mar 15 2005, 02:37 AM Wrote:it is a strategy that works for some
Like some "guy" called vadavaka on the cs server... Though it never works out and she gets killed
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]
thats what I said, "develop a stratagey" but no, people think running into your rocket over and over agian in overwatch will get you somewhere.
[Image: hacksaw2qp.jpg]