Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pope has past away
It is confirmed that Pope John Paul II has past away at 9:37pm Rome time. May your god be with you, Rest in peace.
Nice speech GB:Dthe Pope is home now.:)
how do they elect another pope?
You know its funny, but they tell you how a new pope is elected in EuroTrip.

Also I take it gwarsbane is atheist?
PuNkGirL,Apr 4 2005, 12:33 PM Wrote:You know its funny, but they tell you how a new pope is elected in EuroTrip.

Also I take it gwarsbane is atheist?
Yea... Sadly that's how I know a pope is elect. Eurotrip rocked.
No actually I have been bathised Catholic, I just don't believe. But I do go by the motto, I believe that you believe and that has worked for me over the years till people try to push their religion over me.

I prefer to live by mans laws and believe that everyone has a right to live as they want as long as it does not hurt others.
so an atheist.
O god I just got done with a HUGE religion thread over at some other forums..please don't let it spread.
hehe Quick.. Religion is something like a matter of taste, so no discussion.
PuNkGirL,Apr 5 2005, 01:49 AM Wrote:so an atheist.
a atheist is a person who sais that there is no god out there or nothing similar to god and he tries to prove it. GB just doesnt belive but he doesnt say that there is no god.
ppl who dont believe but still dont say that there is one are called agnostic. I thinkg agnostic would be the correct word for GB..well..thats not negative at all gwars.
Scrye,Apr 4 2005, 07:22 AM Wrote:how do they elect another pope?
A whole bunch of the top guys get together, talk for a few days, pray then make a secret vote and they pick who they think would best best for the next pope out of all those top guys.

There will be a new pope within the next 30 days.

Something I heard was that alot of the top people didn't like some of the stuff that John Paul II did and they feel he did them because he was young so they will not be suggesting another young pope, which would be quite silly really.

If hes going to be there for life then you would think you would want a younger person so that he could be a figure head for more then just a few years. having a pope that would only be around for a few years would seem silly.
yes but you got to remember catholics LOVE tradition. And who better to keep tradition, then an old tradition loving guy.
dang he finally died. Im suprised he lived when he got shot. and he lives for 20 more years after getting shot at his age. amazing eh.