Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valve & VU Games Suits Settled
http://www.bluesnews.com

Quote:Valve & VU Games Suits Settled [April 29, 2005, 11:47 am EDT] - 24 Comments
Valve announces they and VU Games have settled their legal disputes:
Valve and Vivendi Universal Games Settle Lawsuit

Bellevue, WA and Los Angeles, CA – April 29, 2005 -- Valve and Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games) today announced the settlement of a pending federal court lawsuit filed by Valve in August 2002. The parties have resolved their differences, and the settlement provides for the dismissal of all claims and counterclaims. Under the settlement agreement, VU Games will cease distribution of retail packaged versions of Valve’s games, including Half-Life®, Half-Life 2, Counter-StrikeTM, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and Counter-Strike: Source, effective August 31, 2005.

Additionally, VU Games has notified distributors and cyber cafes that were licensed by VU Games that only Valve is authorized to distribute Valve games to cyber cafés and grant cyber café licenses. Cyber café operators that were licensed by VU Games have also been notified that any license agreement from Sierra Entertainment, Vivendi Universal Games or any of their affiliates or distributors that may have granted rights to use Valve games in cyber cafés, whether written or oral, is terminated.

I wonder what this could mean for people that bought the boxed version of HL2 instores. If they have problems valve better take care of them.
So the cyber cafe's are getting ripped off? I don't think they can just terminate their licenses and expect them to purchase new one's from valve...
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

No idea whats going to happen for them. I hope that VU gives them their money back and that Valve gives them a new better offer.
Valve will probaly shop around for a differant publisher and sign them way before that date arrives.

I really don't see if people are having problems with their game has anything to do with it. Vivendi has nothing to do with it.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
well i cant even play my hl2 anymore. I get a memory could not be read error and it crashes. I think i can play it if i load a game.