Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little help...
Ok, I haven't played CS or DoD in a while, and I recently decided to join a DoD server to see how well my newly installed RAM would help in increasing FPS, less lag spots, etc. (I have a graphics accelerator, not a card, so it uses RAM and no memory devoted to video/graphics) When I joined the server, the console began to pull away, a sound was playing of a gunshot, and it looped and froze... this happened consistently after rebooting several times. I thought oh well, I remember having this problem a long time ago and it's why I stopped playing DoD over a year ago, and I started playing again a month ago. Just figured it was a bug, and I'd find something to fix it or wait for an update. I just tried joining a CS server, and the same exact damn thing happened. Oddly enough, Ricochet works fine. Now, I could easily blame this on the newly installed RAM, but I hadn't played either game for a week or so before I installed the RAM, so I can't make a direct correlation. Also, everything else on the computer runs fine and in fact things are running more smoothly with the new RAM. Why would it only effect CS and DoD, not Ricochet, and nothing else on my computer? Hopefully I can get a little help on this.
I remember having that problem a while back. It went away on it's own accord so unfortunantly I can't help much. I do remember how incredibly frustrating it was though:(So I feel for ya.
check cheat programs running or not?