Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Y-axis movement
As you know i seriously lost against coweater.

I reread the rules and couldnt find something about blocking y-axis.
also if you look at the screenshots with the scores you see crosses pointed downwards (blue-acid head)
so for me the match wasnt fair because from when Miagi was cofigurating the server
I couldent move my mouse over the y-axis (up or down) it was very hard to do strafe jumps
I said this in the match but didnt got any answer so i thought maybe its always like that but like i said,
ive read the rules...
and after that i tried on another server and found out i could move normally again.

I got a demo of this match where you can clearly see it
post it please
sorry, the board doesnt alow me to post it,
email me if you want it
-Pipo,Jun 7 2005, 01:02 PM Wrote:As you know i seriously lost against coweater.

also if you look at the screenshots with the scores you  see crosses pointed downwards (blue-acid head)
so for me the match wasnt fair because from when Miagi was cofigurating the server
I couldent move my mouse over the y-axis (up or down) it was very hard to do strafe jumps
I said this in the match but didnt got any answer so i thought maybe its always like that but like i said,
ive read the rules...
and after that i tried on another server and found out i could move normally again.

Errr I configured the server???

I have no idea what you're talking about, I only locked the server B).

Maybe you should blame YOUR configuration before you start pointing fingers at someone, it's not polite.

Have to go, I'll type more later if needed.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

$20 says +mlook was off.
no idea what you're talking about
I'm a little lost on this too... who did what now to disable the who in the where?
pipo is sending me a demo I will get to the bottom of it:)
Admins do nothing but lock and unlock the server. So whatever happened was on your end.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I had no problems with my movement
Miagi,Jun 7 2005, 06:14 PM Wrote:
-Pipo,Jun 7 2005, 01:02 PM Wrote:As you know i seriously lost against coweater.

also if you look at the screenshots with the scores you  see crosses pointed downwards (blue-acid head)
ive read the rules...

Errr I configured the server???

I have no idea what you're talking about, I only locked the server B).

Maybe you should blame YOUR configuration before you start pointing fingers at someone, it's not polite.

Have to go, I'll type more later if needed.
Im not blaming anyone,
I dont know how it happend but before it was locked i could move fine,
and after the match also
and i didnt change any settings

heres the demo: http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2U26YDW...UD207TYVP0PE9YM
Er, my name is in there along with the words for configuring the server and also with blocking y-axis.

Nope, don't know how someone could draw that conclusion...

Anyway, if your y-axis was blocked, which locking a server does NOTHING to the client side, it's a problem with your side. This is not a conspiracy. Tell me this, was your y-axis blocked DIRECTLY after I locked the server or AFTER you reconnected to the server, because as I recall you and cow wanted a warmup match and I told you two to reconnect after I left. Did you alt-tab?

Also, why if you were having problems why did you wait until the match is over to tell? Why not say "Oh, my rico loaded up wrong let me restart it."

Calm down, i said i dont want to blame anyone, i dont know what happend and i put your name there to tell when it happend (when or just after you locked the server)
I told i couldent move over the yaxis so said it at that moment bot neither you or cow responded (maybe you were just leaving, dunno)
So i thought it was part of the tournament and i overlooked that in the rules.
I reconnected but still i had this same problem, then i started recording the demo.
I looked into the options screen but everthinbg was normal (i didnt change anything)
After the match i tried on another server to see if it was a local problem, but everything was normal again.

I believe you when you say you didnt do anything but locking the server
but hey i dont know why i would disable moving up and down this to myself so i lose the match and then come here to whine about it.
It had something to do with the server i think
Are you wanting a rematch or what? What is your objective here? :thumb:
That is as calm as I am...

Anyway, did you close rico down to connect to another server after the match? Cause closing rico can fix problems.

I know theres a steam bug where if you open rico, alt tab, then alt tab back into rico your menu keeps flashing and you can't play until you close ricochet completely and re-open it.

If it was a server problem cow would have had the same problem, the server isn't biased.

No, didnt alt-tab
and as i said, reconecting didnt help but joining another server after the match did
and no, i didnt restart the game
ok intervention

tell me what you think happened

I have no knowledge of anything that can be done to the server side that affects the clients mouse
have you posted on any forums to ask?
I will ask a couple other server owners if they know of anything.
If you logged off after your game and then went to another server that would have reset maybe
I realize people are nervous before a match and I do see this
Quote:L 06/06/2005 - 16:15:47: "-Pipo<218><STEAM_0:1:5181983><218>" say "how come i cant move on y as"
so I can understand why you might think it was something to do with the tournament since we do have a special map, rest assure there are no 'cal' setups for the ricochet tournament
miagi was logging off at the time and missed your inquiry,
I will talk to coweater about how he feels about a rematch, no promises
his client got f'ed up. Next time completly close down rico and then join up again. Hence why it worked when you connected to another server. when you reconnected, did you just type retry? or did you completly exit and quit hl and then join up again?
Pique,Jun 8 2005, 03:47 PM Wrote:his client got f'ed up. Next time completly close down rico and then join up again. Hence why it worked when you connected to another server. when you reconnected, did you just type retry? or did you completly exit and quit hl and then join up again?
I just exited the server and connected to the server again but didnt close down game
Bein the OUTSTANDING guy I am, due to what ive heard and what happend pipo Id gladly have a rematch with you. let me know what time is good for you and we can set it up.
-Cow
I would still like to figure out what happen
but thanks coweater, this definitely loosens the pressure to find it out right this minute'
I will reopen your match thread you guys try and get together asap
Sorry, but i quit this tournament.
I've got exams and want to fully concentrate on then
I planned it so i could play my first match before them and if i won i could play the next one after my exams
but now its too late, and i dont want to let everyone in this tourney wait for me for like 12 days or something.

Good luck to everyone who competes
Good guy, pleasure playing you
I will not accept Coweaters offer to replay
the original match stands
thanks pipo
I had this bug sometimes and I know how to fix it. Go to options --> mouse, uncheck the "Mouse Look" thing, apply and reactivate it again. It is some strange bug.
@Grits
lol kinda funny being talked to with that name if you know here they say a pipo to a clown or someone who did something dumb:)
you probably know who i am

@Coweater
Maybe we should rematch sometime (outside the tourney)

@Nitro
Thanks, Ill try that if i got the problem again
I got this problem sometimes on ut2004 (invasion) its a bug you get sometimes after being spectator but the you can just press escape twice and its solved

@All
Hope there will be a new tourney soon (im really in need of a new mousepad!:D)

anyway good luck in this one to averyone