Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATTITUDES NEED ADJUSTING
Once again advantage is being taken on the servers. People are bypassing the swear filter, starting trouble with other players, and believe they can't be banned or punished because they are a member of this community.

Nobody is protected and will be treated just the same as everyone else.

Rules are being broken and consequences will be enforced....consider the following as your last warning

- Typing FU or STFU is bypassing the filter, always has been because it is antagonistic, just because it is an abbreviation doesn't mean we will tolerate it.
- Stop bypassing the swear filter on purpose. Community members know it's there, choose your words better.
- No More Harassing other players. harassment is bothering someone repeatedly over and over. If someone asks you not to bother them. DON'T BOTHER THEM.
- Don't reveal anothers identity. If someone is under an alias, they are under it for a purpose, don't reveal it to everyone else, even admin's are not allowed to do so. Again you are doing it just to harass, if you want to talk to them do it in psay. All regulars are entitled to this privilege
- Negative attitudes towards people causing them to leave. Stop being a bully or just plain meaness.

Just because an admin isn't on, doesn't mean it's O.K.

Consider this a warning to those who are guilty.
THESE RULES INCLUDE ALL VADAVAKA COMMUNITY MEDIA,
servers, website, irc, teamspeak
I think this rule is so loveing stupid. If I know who this person is and I ask them who are you? For instance. Lets say if oops were his usual name disfunctional or Darkhelmet. And I be like is that oops? I think its stupid. THe whole point of going incognito is to not reveal yourself. So if another player finds who you are just by remebering your steam id. Than you failed at going incognito.
Im familiar with alot of steam id's. Im sure a few players other than myself are. Especially tizod he writes steam id's down for christ sake just to see who is playing if they hide.. And If I be like oh man thats! oops! or say their name its a problem? Ive gone incognito several times yet admins ask me who I was. And if not they kick me. You have done the same to me too grits. I went under the name GameOver and you wanted to know who I was back in the day, a long time ago. And You said, "This is My Server" so if I ask you who your name is you are suppose to tell me. And I refused not too and you kicked me. You are being a hypocrite about this. I think this rule is totally stupid. I agree with the other stuff but this rule is retarted. If you fail at going incognito and someone reveals you cuz they know who you are. By remebering yoru steamid or your style its not our fault. And we are not doing it to harass. We only want to know who this person is. And if we find out on our own its not our fault. And When people busted me for having so many different steam id's and found who I was. I didnt feel like being harassed. How the hell is that harassment? I tottally disagree with this shit. and this has been up for several days no one said anything. IM not suprised but I aint afraid to write shit cuz thats the way I am. And you left it an open thread suprised you didnt like it. Im not tryin to be an ass here , I agree with everything else just not this one. And if you gonna address all these stupid rules. Update ya got damn rules page ffs.

Like today for example bloody was like who is noobking? I was like oops and I thought about it. And im so use to knowing who players are and if they go incognito I can prolly nail them. And its just been this way like this since this community has started. I just defautly said his name. And I felt like wait a minute. isnt this against the rules? and punishing people for this is just plain out retarted.People is like it is? Thats stupid and I thought so too. So I posted here since for a few days no one posted. and Ill be the first. And ill be damn if I have to follow this rule here.

AND PS.

I know im one of hte people who do the other things you posted and I know im guilty But I laugh it off so heh but I will follow the other rules just not this one... lol im guilty as charged. Arrest me please. And if you dont like what I posted you can clearly ban me without any hesitation. Indeed. And if this gets deleted Iwill copy and paste it until I cant have access no more. Cuz I really think this rule is stupid.
You either follow all the rules, or you don't play on our servers at all.
Trigun.Vash.Ace.Shot,Jun 20 2005, 12:23 PM Wrote:I know im one of hte people who do the other things you posted and I know im guilty But I laugh it off so heh but I will follow the other rules just not this one... lol im guilty as charged. Arrest me please. And if you dont like what I posted you can clearly ban me without any hesitation. Indeed. And if this gets deleted Iwill copy and paste it until I cant have access no more. Cuz I really think this rule is stupid.
We are addressing the rules of the server, but it seems people needed a reminder while we are in the process.

You are not the only player that has been abusing the community with your lack of good sportsmanship, there are others so I posted a general warning

and personally I didnt ask you for your opinion on the rules, but I thank you for the input

The rule stands, and if you break it the consequences stand also.
GRITS,Jun 20 2005, 09:47 AM Wrote:
Trigun.Vash.Ace.Shot,Jun 20 2005, 12:23 PM Wrote:I know im one of hte people who do the other things you posted and I know im guilty But I laugh it off so heh but I will follow the other rules just not this one... lol im guilty as charged. Arrest me please. And if you dont like what I posted you can clearly ban me without any hesitation. Indeed. And if this gets deleted Iwill copy and paste it until I cant have access no more. Cuz I really think this rule is stupid.
We are addressing the rules of the server, but it seems people needed a reminder while we are in the process.

You are not the only player that has been abusing the community with your lack of good sportsmanship, there are others so I posted a general warning

and personally I didnt ask you for your opinion on the rules, but I thank you for the input

The rule stands, and if you break it the consequences stand also.
personally grits I dont give a shit whether you think of my oponion or not. I saw the thread was open for reply so I went for it. Cuz no one would reply so I was the first too. Cuz I didnt like the rule. Thanks for you oponion though nice feedback. I know I have poor sportmanship. Its the chicken ive ate. been given me bad vibes.:(. Ive alawys had poor sportmanship though lol.
Alright, first off...

Grits doesn't have to have a rules page, she could ban you whenever she felt like it for something you did and she didn't like. Because she posted these rules all of 1 day ago she might not have had a chance to update the rules yet. She's a fair person, and because of that she doesn't just ban you randomly for one of her rules that she doesn't show. She decided to give you a heads up, if anything you should be thanking her for letting you come back to this server as many times as she has. She posted it in here because she knows that most people come straight to the forum, instead of going to the homepage... She wrote this out and posted it in every board so that people have a fair warning and can stop. Most of this stuff SHOULD be logic... If someone is incognito and doesn't want to be seen because he/she doesn't want to play their match right away, or doesn't want to be noticed, or to start fresh for a little while. It's a good thing to be able to do this without people bugging you if you are someone. Also, in your post you already broke one of the new rules, she warned you and you did it anyway... "FFS" could definately be seen as bypassing a swear filter... In her post she said don't use them because it is a bypass, even if it isn't written out, she said it as a warning to people who do use them, and technically she can ban you right now because of you bypassing her filter with it. So be thankful that she didn't instead of complaining about what she has done. Is it something that you need to see? Fine, heres a pros and cons of what grits does and the community, one of the few good ones around does, just for you!

Pros:
Free servers
Warns you about rules before she will kick you
Easy to find rules section
Nice forums for people to gather and discuss
Free TS2 server for people to like to talk
Good Admins
People who aren't shit-for-brains, except maybe one
Servers that cost here $40 a piece, that she lets us use for free
Kind community
Fast Servers
Little to no lag

Cons:
One idiot who doesn't know how nice the people here have been to him and how much they have had to put up with from him.
amen
Relinquish,Jun 20 2005, 10:36 AM Wrote:Alright, first off...

Grits doesn't have to have a rules page, she could ban you whenever she felt like it for something you did and she didn't like. Because she posted these rules all of 1 day ago she might not have had a chance to update the rules yet. She's a fair person, and because of that she doesn't just ban you randomly for one of her rules that she doesn't show. She decided to give you a heads up, if anything you should be thanking her for letting you come back to this server as many times as she has. She posted it in here because she knows that most people come straight to the forum, instead of going to the homepage... She wrote this out and posted it in every board so that people have a fair warning and can stop. Most of this stuff SHOULD be logic... If someone is incognito and doesn't want to be seen because he/she doesn't want to play their match right away, or doesn't want to be noticed, or to start fresh for a little while. It's a good thing to be able to do this without people bugging you if you are someone. Also, in your post you already broke one of the new rules, she warned you and you did it anyway... "FFS" could definately be seen as bypassing a swear filter... In her post she said don't use them because it is a bypass, even if it isn't written out, she said it as a warning to people who do use them, and technically she can ban you right now because of you bypassing her filter with it. So be thankful that she didn't instead of complaining about what she has done. Is it something that you need to see? Fine, heres a pros and cons of what grits does and the community, one of the few good ones around does, just for you!

Pros:
Free servers
Warns you about rules before she will kick you
Easy to find rules section
Nice forums for people to gather and discuss
Free TS2 server for people to like to talk
Good Admins
People who aren't shit-for-brains, except maybe one
Servers that cost here $40 a piece, that she lets us use for free
Kind community
Fast Servers
Little to no lag

Cons:
One idiot who doesn't know how nice the people here have been to him and how much they have had to put up with from him.
ok than relinquish. wtf. im not talking about players bein forced to play their mathces. You are wrong about that. I cant force no one to do anything. He chose to play his match we are not talking about im deaf here now. Im takling about just in general. He chose to enter the game and stay there for more than 15 minutes. not my fault. I cant force no one to do shit he has his own mind. We are too different human beings. so that bullying someone in to play force shit is stupid. I cant mind control someone now. I complain becuase I can. and I had a write too. so you dont tellme to stop doin shit. she left the thread open. So I openly replied to the thread.
I used "wtf" all the time. and if I have stop using wtf. thats shitty as hell.

Im nice to grits lol. she knows it. If not im nice to her 99 percent of the time but if there is something I Dont agree on. I will complain about it wither or not it goes my way. I dont care who the person is. and if you dont like me you can ban me.
Wow, you really miss the point... of everything... I gave you some examples of why people might be under a different alias, the one about not playing a match wasn't at all about you, I know you think that the world revolves around you but it doesn't. I used a differnt name in the beginning because I felt to rusty to go into a match that day, so I said on wednesday, still got rocked :/. Have fun thinking you are the universe. Get over yourself.
Relinquish,Jun 20 2005, 10:50 AM Wrote:Wow, you really miss the point... of everything... I gave you some examples of why people might be under a different alias, the one about not playing a match wasn't at all about you, I know you think that the world revolves around you but it doesn't. I used a differnt name in the beginning because I felt to rusty to go into a match that day, so I said on wednesday, still got rocked :/. Have fun thinking you are the universe. Get over yourself.
nah I dont think the world revolves around me. if It did than alot of things would be goin my way sir lol. I see your point. But I dont give a shit. all I gotta say is im not changin my ways for anyone. If you just dont like me how I roll or what I say get rid of me. so wtf relinquish lol.
Well, if you don't change, have fun somewhere else.
Relinquish,Jun 20 2005, 10:54 AM Wrote:Well, if you don't change, have fun somewhere else.
I dont have to change. Ive been this way for quite a while.
Thats probably why you've been banned as many times as you have... and all you do is talk shit after they take you back... wow.
Relinquish,Jun 20 2005, 10:57 AM Wrote:Thats probably why you've been banned as many times as you have... and all you do is talk shit after they take you back... wow.
lol I know its troublesome.. its the chicken man im tellin you.
It has been said many times by now, and I know I have said it to you many times.

People on our servers play by our rules, or else they won't play on our servers. If they don't like our rules they can leave, with or without the admins help.
WTF has always been alowed cause it is not something directed at a player. That is not what Grits said if you would actually read what she posted. She has a problem with saying FU and STFU to people.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Vash we have adressed your concerns but this is our decision. No one is going to change our views or how we roll on this. I'm locking the thread because its already gotten out of control.