Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks for coming, but pr0 server is really gone
Thanks everyone for playing there in the past. I am assigning that box to other duties and the ricochet server is gone.
No one, including myself, was playing there anyway.

Thanks all.

See you on Holdouts:P
Yeah I noticed, the few times I tried to hang out and wait just proved to me how impatient I am...you gave it your best shot thanks PIX
Thanks for trying anyway. :)
you know, i often think we need more servers...but then i think "no"...we need more players. we may have relatively few servers but we actually have too many of them for the amount of pple tht regularly play ricochet...particularly dm servers.

the only servers that seem to do consistantly good business are vads and rc.nemox.net (which is an austrian server).
although, i do think that lmglenop will pick up some business after a few of the regulars are forced to go there when vads is crowded (don't give up glen!).

anyways, thanks for supporting the community PIX.
a b
I don't know why the nemox server is still in business. I play there are the time because
it is constantly full and plays deathmatch all the time, but it has the WORST pings ever.
And EVERYONE has 200-400 ping all the time. I don't understand it.
i know i'm going to get flamed about how i know nothing about networking and such, but check this out:

i was showing my friend ricochet the other day at his house after he installed it on his comp. he still uses a 56k modem because he's having some problems w/ the dsl company in the area. anyways, we check out rc servers on ASE and find that rc.nemox.net had the lowest ping (~200):o. i mean how the hell do you explain that?...and we connected to it and he lagged a little but not terrible...probably about the same as me at nemox and i have broadband.

we went to Star-Tac afterwards, which had a ping of ~350, and it was unplayable on his comp. and that's a place that i move pretty well w/ a sustained ping of ~80.

so how come on his comp, the best rc server was the farthest possible rc server?

btw..kinda funny storry: my friend is an uber-noob at fps games, so obviously he sucks at rico...he was playing at nemox for a while and doing terrible: falling off all the platforms and getting hit by basically everything. so he played for like 10 min. w/ roughly the same pple (it was kinda crowded).
anyways, i tell him to let me take over; i keep the screen name and i tell everyone that i'm going to now turn on my hax. so is this story going to end w/ me pulling off this great prank by crushing everyone? not exactly, i did about as bad as my friend did. :lol:
I don't go by ASE's pings cause they sometimes report them wrong. As Wha? had said it is possible to use bots to fill a server so people will join if they see someone on the server. People tend not to join an empty server cause they want instant action and not wait for people. As a real player joins the server will boot a bot. Just have to get the bots a little smarter to have a decent play with them. As of now for what I have tested the bots are only decent on stalkyard and chipsunf.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Sorry but bots on ricochet ????!!!
never see a 30 ping guy like that , usually 0 players at 3-4 am ! now for you..
Nemox: always the best ping for me -<100 ,never disconnect,no flush entity pack.. for me a good old srver for DM2 ! and opportunity playing Baloo , np fat angel..some others |rarely on arena| veterans.

But hoW dyou find servers??

i think juste UPDATE list ALL THE SERVERS and all players in Ricochet..

if im wrong plz tell me where are hide out people when i want to play .

After reflection i'am perhaps a Bot :huh:
You can try the www.gametiger.net

You can search the server, ip, players etc.