Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC problem
My friend just bought an Alienware computer with a 128MB ATI Raedon 9550 in it.
I'm trying to use his 55" lcd hdtv as the monitor. I'm connecting the dvi on the graphics card to the hdmi on the hdtv. I'm only getting a resolution of about 800x600. Plus, it's not filling up most of the screen, its centered in the middle of the tv screen with black around it. I haven't updated the drivers yet, cuz he's not hooked up to the internet yet.

Any other suggestions?
Can you get higher then 800 x 600?
no, that's the problem, I can't get higher
use the ATI tool in the display control panel,settings tab,advanced, and then display again to switch from monitor to TV.

you can change your resolution there also
fritoman,Jul 25 2005, 09:01 AM Wrote:use the ATI tool in the display control panel,settings tab,advanced, and then display again to switch from monitor to TV.

no I can't, it onlys lists a FPD(flat panel display) as an option, I don't have another monitor hooked up. Plus, in the FPD menu, I can't adjust the resolution.

I'm gonna update the drivers, and if that doesn't work, I found a program called Powerstrip that sounds like it could help
Gump,Jul 25 2005, 08:42 PM Wrote:
fritoman,Jul 25 2005, 09:01 AM Wrote:use the ATI tool in the display control panel,settings tab,advanced, and then display again to switch from monitor to TV.

no I can't, it onlys lists a FPD(flat panel display) as an option, I don't have another monitor hooked up. Plus, in the FPD menu, I can't adjust the resolution.

I'm gonna update the drivers, and if that doesn't work, I found a program called Powerstrip that sounds like it could help
I mean I dont think its possible
Just get a tv card i got one for less than 80 bucks. It has an s-video output, you can also get a video card that has VIVO. I have hooked my VIVO up to my 52inch tv a few times.
Hmmm................. REFORMAT!!. :thumb:

Whast do you think Miagi? ROFL
Was one step ahead of you snow, told him that in irc.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

yeah, you just need a card with an s-video output. That should make it easy enough, all you do is plug the cable into A) your computer, andB)your TV... Yay!
Relinquish,Jul 26 2005, 04:35 PM Wrote:yeah, you just need a card with an s-video output. That should make it easy enough, all you do is plug the cable into A) your computer, andB)your TV... Yay!
Thats what i said, come up with ypur own ideas.:P
this is what I have for TV options for my ATI 9550 256 card

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

hes already got it hooked up, its the resolution thats the problem.
Gump,Jul 25 2005, 07:42 PM Wrote:no I can't, it onlys lists a FPD(flat panel display) as an option, I don't have another monitor hooked up. Plus, in the FPD menu, I can't adjust the resolution.

he said it doesnt list an option for a TV, I was just showing where it lists it on my computer
Typical TVs have a resolution of 800x600, and the HD variety has one of 1600x1200, so the card is thinking 'TV' rather than 'HDTV'. That would cause those exact symptoms.
smartass,Jul 26 2005, 01:09 PM Wrote:
Relinquish,Jul 26 2005, 04:35 PM Wrote:yeah, you just need a card with an s-video output. That should make it easy enough, all you do is plug the cable into A) your computer, andB)your TV... Yay!
you mean "your" and "pwn" right?
Relinquish,Jul 26 2005, 07:20 PM Wrote:
smartass,Jul 26 2005, 01:09 PM Wrote:
you mean "your" and "pwn" right?
No i mean im broken and cant type very well.

edit: Jerk:P
yeah that happens sometime... say which arm hurts you?

*calling ninja standing behind smartass, hold your poking.*
Relinquish,Jul 27 2005, 12:54 AM Wrote:yeah that happens sometime... say which arm hurts you?

*calling ninja standing behind smartass, hold your poking.*
The arm that i dislocated hurts me. What other one would it be?:P