Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spam whiners
I could relate on how push discs are harder to win at and that using push discs are not spamming but it would be lost on the spam whiners.

The bottom line is if a decap player can't deal with push disc players or spammers, then they don't deserve to be mentioned as part of the group of best players. I have played and lost to the best...Killing Spree, _acid_head_, etc. and the goods ones don't whine about push discs, they adapt and find ways of combatting it.

As an example, at one time I was nailing acid quite a bit with push discs (awhile ago). He didn't whine about it but adapted and now I'm lucky to kill him once a match. Same with Killing Spree...he has never complained.

So you decapers out there who claim that it isn't about winning but annoying, I don't buy it. This is a game and everyone has their own strategy and signature. If you can't deal with it, don't play them and just fall and get the game over with. Don't whine about it.

evil_admin
I agree, if you can't deal with it too bad. I personally use both attacks. I'm about the same skill level with both of them.

But what I like to do is use the push discs against the whiners. It ticks them off and they start making more mistakes that I take advantage of. :D

So really all I could add is, if you don't like push discs too bad, they are here to stay. B)
I've always been fine with them even though I never use them except to mess around. Although they fire off more discs there are a few things that give decappers an advantage. Firstly, when you fire a lot of push discs it seems less discs actually hit, because you concentrate less on the exact moment you press down the trigger. And the second reason is that you don't always die from push discs. I've been hit 6 or 7 times in a single round (round, not match) before I've been shoved off. I think the push discs are pretty damn well balanced if you ask me. I rarely lose to "spammers" and usually if they can beat you spamming, they could beat you decapping.
push discs pwnz :rolleyes:
I've actually started using the push discs more lately, they are extremely useful. It's a change of pace, like a changeup pitch in baseball. They're expecting a single death disc, so they avoid it, but then there is a second disc where they just jumped, and boom, down they go. In other words, shoot one direction to make them jump somewhere, and have a second disc ready for them in midair or just as they land. It's also works vice versa. Use primarily push discs for a while, and some people play defense so that if they get hit they won't fall, in other words they take the hits (I do this a lot, there is a certain spot if you stand in the middle and move just a little bit depending on where the other person is, a push disc will only push you into an arrow). Well, they take a few hits, you get your discs back, and you decap them when they expect a push disc. Just hope they don't notice you charging up. I've seen a few players do this to me, it really got me annoyed. But now I can always tell when they're setting up a decap. Remember, midair hits with push discs are almost as effective as a decap, unless someone is really lucky, so instead of one decap, it's three regular discs firing at them.
And of course, I completely agree with evil... I've seen so many people complain, whether it's camping on one pad, or spamming, or bumping, or whatever. They're all very easy to counter. Camping: jump towards him, and hope he's not really good at anticipating your jump towards him and decaps you first, or you camp too and he'll get frustrated and move out. Spamming... take the hits, know where they're coming from, or spam him. And bumping... if it happens to much (usually not on purpose), just avoid getting too close, or stay on one pad and let him jump at you, move a little to the side, and bam, decap. I should start a strategy thread....
well since you were most likely talking to me evil...I'll specify that I do NOT consider push discs as spamming. Nor do I consider using the fast shots as spam either. Spam in my book is when a player shoots aimlessly around the map, never really aiming at you, but getting lucky and hitting you. Yeah they very rarely beat me...but that is a crappy tactic. Learn to aim and use either of the discs...but don't just hold down the button and run around me.... Also I like players who "change-up" and find ways to trick or surprise their opponent by using push discs and then whipping out a decap every now and then. Those usually work well and do the trick...hell I even use push discs...so I have nothing against them at all. Plua like someone mentioned earlier you can go a whole round and just bounce back from the push discs...so don't get my idea of spamming wrong...it's cool to shoot with aim....without....that's just not cool..
Cloud so why u calling me spammer every time we playing together?

im shooting aim shots and after every hit u calling me spammer....
:blink:
because it's easy to get you to react to that...hehe, just having a bit of fun...
Most of my strategy is around the very thing that g-boy mentioned... firing in one direction forcing someone to move, and then firing in another where they aren't expecting it, and usually, going for the rebound shot.

These days, it's not so useful against a lot of the better players, and so I have had to learn to incorporate both new jumping tactics, higher mouse senitivity and the dreaded decap disc itself.

I think having a hybrid style is quite useful, because people don't know what to expect... now... if only I could aim :/

p.s. spammer taunts always fall on death ears with me, coz I know I'm not, therefore I ignore them ;-) And it's funny that Cloud has never called me a spammer.... ;-)
I'll admit I complain a lot about spam discs everyone who has played when i play have heard me:(
im beginning now to just spam back at them and have noticed i hit them more often with push than they hit me:o so im breaking away from the complaining:)
Also I want to be considered one of the best at some point:D
However I still prefer to die by decap its the whole- old west duel-one shot one kill
luv it, luv it, is all i got to say