Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the current best Ricochet player?
Remeber people this is opinion only lets not turn this into a bashing fest against others. I know there are alot of great players out there.

My vote would go to RulePool easily. For someone that was not playing much until the past couple months and can still kick ass is amazing. For me KS and Acid would be tied for second as they both beat me quite easily most times.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I vote for KS as the best as I have a hard time killing him. I would put Acid and Rule tied in second place as I can't decide who is better out of the 2 of them.

I would vote for myself, to be in 3rd but my skills are slipping :( I'm more like 53rd or 103rd.
Gemakk, my hero, the myth, the legend, the makk daddy. 30 minutes of warming up and he still owns all. I just played him tonight and I didn't know where he was half the time! :ph34r: He has the most natural feel for the game and could easily be king once again if he played more than 15 minutes, every couple of weeks. I wanted to see him and Rulepool2 go at it, but Rule <_< conveniently vanished just after Gemakk arrived.

I was left pretty much left all alone with Gem as he had his way with me.... :(
Gotta support my fellow clanmates, Rule and Acid... I honestly haven't played KS that much. Personally, however, I have the most trouble against Sri Lanka. It is a pretty hard decision to say who is the best, because certainly there are a handful of elite players, and since most have pretty much the same style, it is probably about who has the best anticipation and does not fall.

-BMac
I have a correction to make about my previous post. Rulepool2 played Gemakk one time I think, but left shortly after. I didn't see who won their game though. I have to ask Rule, because I'm sure we won't see Gemakk in another two weeks :angry:
I can't believe there's even a slight controversy over this. It's obviously Master Fin. Ive seen him own every single player out there.
Master Fin could be a really good player if he expanded his play. He tends to stay away from the center and use only the corner platforms and the 1 behind the barrier. His weakness is he primarily uses the push disk and you can catch him with no ammo at times.
As for MASTER_FIN, I agree, he has weaknesses. At first I was so angry because his style annoyed me, but I had the same sentiments about Darkson at first as well. I play Fin at his own game by spamming him, and it does the trick. And I forgot about Razor9, very very difficult player.
Oh so many good players out there...I think the most impressive are those that can take you down in 3 decaps....you know who you are :P I am getting better so it is a little more difficult to take me out in 3 shots but there are still those that have that timing and precognitive ability to know where I am going even when I dont know. But if you want my vote for "best player" it would have to be P&G , he has the ultimate sportsmanship and I have seen him "own" many a player but mostly because I have the most fun with him when we play "King of the Middle"......it's not always all about winning :D
Hard to say, gemakk or p&g is my vote
Know what? I see a suprising lack of SLOSH!!!:angry: hehe, but really, gemakk is DEFINITELY the best there is, was, and will be. Second place... SLOSH AHHHHHHH
tim is the best player ive ever faced. hes german, havent seen him on in ages, but it was ABSOLUTLEY impossible not to get killed by his return shot every single time he shot the disc. he was easily the best player ive ever seen
I agree that gemakk is the best there ever was and he could be the best agen if he played, I played him about 3 times and beat him each time 3-1 or better, as for the current best player there is no way of knowing everyones style is good agenst others, and a vote would never settle it, infact I feel you can't even claim that you are better than a person no matter how many times you beat them till you have a 1on1 turney (I like to play 25 games). But as for the players I have a lot of truble with as of now are: RWS, Acid, and KS
RP is right there is too much of a paper-rock-sizzors situation with different playstyles. For me, anyone that plays center owns me. I can handle most of the non-center guys though. Anytime someone plays center I start falling.
That is the point of this thread it is all opinion. There is no definate answer. I just wanted to get a good discussion going and see who people thought in their opinion was the best of the best.
Power and Glory,Feb 5 2003, 10:27 PM Wrote:That is the point of this thread it is all opinion. There is no definate answer. I just wanted to get a good discussion going and see who people thought in their opinion was the best of the best.
Of course:)Any my opinion is everyone is the best because no one is the best.
As for greatest player ever, I would say that it's g-boy. He owns like there's no tommorow.
"Improvement"??? damn you mean I missed a time when g-boy wouldnt have owned me 90% of the time...aww guess I started playing too late.....
I would have to vote for Rulepool and Power and glory,in that order. dont want to slight Killng Spree and acid though, cus they are kick ass players too.B)
Hehe, sorry bout that G-boy. -_-
I would have to say hylander and gemakk to bad they don't play anymore <_< best players right now i would say rulepool2 and pique genghis aswell
Well when you get up near the top it's pretty much a blur of people who simply "own." You have those individuals who stand out as either the best or the most unique and these get moved to the very top, but I'd say that Gemakk, Knightmare (back in the day guys....back in the day), Sinbon (also back in the day...he doesn't play as well, imo, nowadays), Tim, Gwar, Acidhead, RulePool, and Shaki are the shiznit. They usually beat me...but that's not saying much. Jariel is still pretty damn awesome and so is Jaelum, but both have pretty much died out since they don't play as much. I've noticed not many if any are the absolute best at owning everyone, because anyone in the top league of rico can beat anyone on any given day...but I personally think these are or were the best....
Anyone remember Davion? Throughout all my time in Rico, no one could own me more consistently than him. But who know's where he went.
I never played dave (DAMN THAT 200 PING KAH SERVER) but i never liekd high lander. we were always pretty evenly matched and he treated me like he owned me. I guess i just didn't like his attitude
oh shit I forgot about Pique! He's one of the best ever....
Well, how bout we have a tournament to see who really is the best.
I'd have to go with Dragon Lady on pretty much most of the maps esp deathmatch

As for arena Im not really sure I played g-boy (he owned me pretty good) recently under a diff name but now that im on the forums ill stick with Melba (in game)

A tournament would be a great way to find out.
A tournament would definitely be nice... but the way the game is set up without any updates, there are still problems in doing it, just like jumping competitions and clan scrims.

-BMac
And anyway skill seems to go in spurts. At one moment I can beat someone every time, and someone else can beat me everytime. The next week, their places inverse, and I can beat the one I couldn't beat before ever time. So the guy who is the best the day of the torunament may not be the best the next week.
True....but players like Gemakk and Tim very rarely lose...and when they do, either they didn't try, where distracted, or they barely lost to either a lucky player, a spammer, or a bumper. This shows that those who are TRULY the best don't lost just on a whim....it takes some act of congress to get them to be defeated...and thus a tournament would fare well for these guys, but players who aren't up to that level (such as myself) would find a tourney kinda challenging. When I am dead focused and serious I make silly mistakes, but usually do well....but when I am just playing around I usually own most people...so I am not sure how this would go...plus rico is finicky about letting us do cool stuff with it...ie the scrims, competitions...etc. I definitely think we should have a petition or something and send it to valve and get some changes made for those of us who ARE interested in prolonging this game...I have plenty of ideas and if you want I will post them...