Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential scrim RiP vs. uT
Ok guys, I'm sure you've heard about the potential scrim between the two clans and I hope to make this happen as soon as possible not only to get some popularity to rico, but also to see if it's even possible to do so. Basically I have heard that Pique knows a command that allows you to pair players up...if this is possible, well we are on our way to having a day where rico clans flourish...because it will become super easy to have matches. I have a .pdf file made by the members of |s|...Noxi's old clan and they came up with some cool idea. Basically you have an open match as in a free for all between the two clans...you play anyone and do your best to win as an individual for about 15 minutes or so. The from here the action stops and you rank the players by clan (so say you have 5 vs. 5 you would have 1 - 5 for clan A and 1 - 5 for clan B). By doing this, you can pair up the same ranked players with each other....or you could just skip all this and pair them from the very beginning. Then you would have like 5 - 10 games for each pair and the clan with the most winners would have won that map I guess. You could then switch the pairings to maybe the first best of one clan and second of another to get even more points and wins on the board. You can pretty much go wild here and do whatever your heart's desire....but the key is being able to play the same person every time. There is one option besides the pairing idea...and that is to have seperate servers for each pair...but that's kinda strenuous and long...so I pray that Pique's idea works....we'll just have to see....
Props to a guy who's not here anymore, A|S|hton, who put by far the most blood and sweat into the file. After he wrote up the initial doc we had a few debates between the two of us and ended up with what you see:)If we get things rollin even remotely based on that file, I'm sure ash would be real happy to hear it.
no such command exsits that im aware of.
I had an idea for a clan match and i guess ill spill it out here. example would be a 5v5. You assign each member in your clan numbers 1-5. You then paste these numbers on like a irc topic to be sure they dont change. Then someone else or anyone runs a random number generator and it comes up with 10 randoms numbers so you get something like 1vs2 and 3vs5. Then you do a series of 1v1s either on a dedicated server or one of the players hosts a listen server but since ping matters so much in this game a dedicated would be the best idea. After you get the server up you have like the first match of player 1 from team A and player 2 from team B go at it for like 15 minutes or 7 rounds. From here its basically up to the players how they wanna figure out scoring and if there would be a second half or not. The 1v1 stuff is rather tedious but in ricochet you cant pick your team. Even in teamplay maps it is completely random.
I really wish we got some attention. We need to make this mod grow so we can get some features added to it.
btw a|S|h was a girl (unlike shak;))
Once I get a few more things working on the main site and get the other 2 sites up and running then I will start making plans for helping to get Ricochet well known. (or at least better known)

One of the things i'm going to do is contact Valve make sure they know that there are some dedicated players and see if there is anything they might be able to do to help Rico become more popular.
sin...yes she is....trust me...I know.
Of course... ^_^
...silence.
I think that if we all hang out on MIRC at the time of the match, we can rotate players to the server in a fast and effective way, If we dont use MIRC it would be a slow and tedious match and everyone would get bored, and lose interest.
Seems to me that they could somehow use the program already in place in CS or TFC to pick sides when joining the game, and apply that to ricochet, I realize that that is easier said then done, but sence I dont know anything about how computer games work, it seems like it is really easy, when you already have a working model in other video games.
But back to the other subject of holding a match now, we could have a ref. that, at the end of each match time could enter the server and get the scores and then everyone would exit, and then the next 2 could join for a predetermend amount of time, and so on. while the matches are taking place the scores "running totals" could be posted on MIRC and updated at the end of each match,until the entire match is over.
The reason for a ref is so that we dont have to continually have to start a 10 or 15 min. map cycle, the ref would just keep time and stop the match by entering when time is up. :wub:
Yeah that's basically what we are going to have to do since Pique doesn't have that command I was looking for. Frito pretty much nailed the plan on the head and thus that's why I sent an email out to all uT asking if you have mIRC....so reply!
I have IRC... (I like forums better than e-mail:P)
sinbon,Feb 8 2003, 06:20 AM Wrote:btw a|S|h was a girl (unlike shak;))
Dammit, cloud I told you!
lies.....all lies....
Cloud If pique will make it... still how will we be RiP vs uT? there will be teams or something? plz answer. and pm me date (if we have) and time :/ in israel the time is different :/
umm well Pique won't be doing it...and I'm gonna talk to Rule about the info. Since he's your leader he'll tell you the info.