Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screen Names
The topic of names is starting on the "up and coming" post so I thought I would open a post where we could talk more specifically
Anyone who has played with me probably knows mine but for those that are just cruising by..
GRITS=Girl Raised In The South (that would be in the US)
I have a bit of an accent but it is the ya'll that gives me away every time.
Mine gets messed up sometimes to gritz but it still pronounces the same and I know who they are talking to..
:)
Well, mine I leave people to guess about, and I hate it when people just give it away... means there's no respect there... still, it's always interesting to see what ideas people come up with for how it came about....
When I started playing CS a few years ago, I couldn't think of many names, so I just went with variations on my name. One time I started screwing around on the siege map (back when it had the tank), and I would blow myself up with nades on the bridge, send my body flying, etc. As a result, I just quickly changed my name to "grenade boy." I used it anytime I screwed around, then I decided to just keep it as my permanent name. When I first started playing Ricochet, I decided grenades didn't really apply to it, so I shortened it to g-boy. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

-BMac
I actually can't remember how I put this name together.:blink: I think it could have been back when I was in school in history class during our many WWII dicussions or from a movie I saw. I know when I got my first PC back in March of 98 I started to use it and have rarly strayed from it. I found it to be a unique name. Before I settled in on my current name I used the name "Bubba the Redneck" but that was only for a couple months there in 98. So if you see Power and Glory in any game I can almost assure you it's me unless someone steals it now. Too many people today are unoriginal like the thousands of people the use any form of a DragonBall Z name or the name Saving Ryan's Privates I have found to be used a bunch.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
noxious was just chosen at random. I wanted a new name and I thought it looked cool because when you don't capitalize the "n" (and I never do) it is all small letters, except the i that is in the very middle that has a dot above it. NoXp, which I use in game. Well, since I started using noxious everyone called me nox. And in real life people call me Xp because my real name is Scott Palomino and I always hang out with another Scott so people needed a way to address us individually, I became Xp (p for my last name) (Xp for the AMD processor). Combine the two and you get NoXp which means No eXPirence. (XP like in RPGs:P). Another way of saying Newbie:P
Well if I was a car I'd want to be Melba Toast
DAC:)

that movie has the coolest cars

I was going to get a 76 el camino identical to Pink's (it says 75 on the site but theyre wrong 75's were circular lights geez)

If youve never seen that movie--- rent it;)
Gwar Is my favorite metal band. They have pretty good music and most of the time funny lyrics.

Bane is my favorite character in some D&D style books. He is the god of death and descruction.

So I slapped the 2 together and because Gwar's god of death and destrcution, or Gwarsbane. :D
it was my nickname they gave me back in Nam. I was so little, they'd send me alone on recon missions scouting for Charlie, I had such a little face, Charlie couln't see me through the trees.... I was the perfect weapon. :ph34r:
fritoman..........come on.:huh:
when i walk into one of my accounts "I sell chips for frito lay" they say yea the fritoman is here......sooooooo.B)
other names include but not limited to,
grape ape
peZ.dispenser
decap.achino
peppermint patty "new one"" I will slay you with peppermint disc"
-=d.l.c.=-dumbluckclub-
and many more
my new smurf name is wuoxvnmmnvxouw. It the letters that don't go above the halfway point, and are symmetrical (well, can be drawn symmetrical, but in the cause of the n and u, are not in game). Then the name is mirrored at the end because I like to do that (noxiousuoixon, noXoN...).
You should have not given that name away Nox now it's no longer a smurf name people will know who it is.^_^
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Ah well, one person usually checks wonID and then says, "Hi nox" revealing that it is me anyway. But I just like to use different names everynow and then. I don't really do it to hide my identity.
rUsh quite simply it's my main strategy in most HL Mods i choose it while playing dod 1.3 since it was easier to rush the objective than to try and kill everyone and then go to it.

the other name i currently use:
MouseLess1 is simply me playing without a mouse....you'll have to take my word on that though^_^

of more interest is [CAKE]
Wha? wanted a 4 letter acronym to use as a clan tag...and this is what i suggested. try to guess what it stands for:P
[CAKE] Clan Attacks Kills Everyone?
GRITS,Feb 27 2003, 10:36 PM Wrote:[CAKE] Clan Attacks Kills Everyone?
well you got the last 2 words right...good luck with the other 2
CloudFuel

Basically when I embarked on my long and treacherous journey through computers and cyber space I wanted a very unique name that no one else would have and I didn't want it to be some stupid Blake55s or something ###### like that. So I decided to screw around with names already out there and fuse the two, kinda like Gwar's Idea. I originally had CloudFusion as my name then I had to come up with an explanation for the name and so I thought of clouds being smushed together and fusing....then I say down one day and was listening to the band fuel when I saw a pic of Cloud from FF7 and I was like THAT's IT!!! CloudFuel....and I've had it ever since. I guess you could see it's the energy needed to push clouds along....otherwise known as wind.

I occasionally use these other names as well

HaloSchim (the game Halo and Schism by Tool)
SunBurntFinger (Sunburn for the cd by Fuel and the band name Finger 11)
Thought.Crimes (1984 by George Orwell)
Egg.Makk (Making fun of gemakk of course)
fr0.doritoman (Making fun of fritoman back in the days of pr0.)
CloudFusion
HybridFusion
HybridFuel
LOL we were thinking of cool names for bands one day. We used your combine a few words strategy. So as we drove down the street we would take the first word from the first three signs we found and put them togeather. I don't really remember any but try it some time when you're on a long drive you'll come up with some funny ones.
If anyone has seen the movie "snatch" then u would know where I got my name from.
Snatch is HILARIOUS!

Punkgirl, its obivious... duh i am a girl who listens to Punk music.

Of course arriving at that name is a journy though.... I orginally just went around with the name girl. In fact when i first started playing, i knew how to change my name (unlike those idiot players) and never used the name Player. Then when newbies kept bothering me about if i was really a girl or not, i changed it too sk8bl1nd (my brother's sn) i also came up with sk8 ch1|<. Those didn't work for me either. Then one day i was sitting there listening to punk music and thought DAMN thats it! and viola! we have PuNkGirL!

other names i'd be under:

pG (if you can't figure this one out, you need your head examined)
sk8 ch1|< (explained above)
311 junkie (actually a copy off of one of my friends aim buddy icons^_^)
baka (means stupid in japanese)
baka-chan (means stupid girl in japanese; btw i'm not really stupid i just like to make fun of myself^_^)
Tsukasa (anime character)
Opened up a crossword dictionary, pointed a word, voila
PuNkGirL,Mar 28 2003, 11:06 PM Wrote:Snatch is HILARIOUS!

Punkgirl, its obivious... duh i am a girl who listens to Punk music.

Of course arriving at that name is a journy though.... I orginally just went around with the name girl. In fact when i first started playing, i knew how to change my name (unlike those idiot players) and never used the name Player. Then when newbies kept bothering me about if i was really a girl or not, i changed it too sk8bl1nd (my brother's sn) i also came up with sk8 ch1|<. Those didn't work for me either. Then one day i was sitting there listening to punk music and thought DAMN thats it! and viola! we have PuNkGirL!

sk8 ch1|< (explained above)
311 junkie (actually a copy off of one of my friends aim buddy icons^_^)
baka-chan (means stupid girl in japanese; btw i'm not really stupid i just like to make fun of myself^_^)
Well, you know... when I first saw pG, I thought it was Power And Glory being lazy :-D
Quote:Well if I was a car I'd want to be Melba Toast
DAC 

that movie has the coolest cars

MILLA JOVOVICH is amazing. She was in Dazed and Confused for all of 5 minutes, but it still deserves recognition.

My SN, however, is random. It's personal and original, though, so I guess it qualifies as decent. Heh.

anyway, MILLA. (off the topic, but it matters not). The best movie she has been in was an independent film (through HBO) by Wim Wenders called "The Million Dollar Hotel." It was co-written by Bono from U2, and also has mel gibson, jimmy smits, amanda plummer, jeremy davies, a bunch of others, but no one's ever heard of it. GO RENT IT. I strongly recommend the viewing of this movie by EVERYONE IN THE WORLD.^_^ .
thank you,
--b.
netniV,Mar 30 2003, 10:37 AM Wrote:
PuNkGirL,Mar 28 2003, 11:06 PM Wrote:Snatch is HILARIOUS!

Punkgirl, its obivious... duh  i am a girl who listens to Punk music.

Of course arriving at that name is a journy though....  I orginally just went around with the name girl.  In fact when i first started playing, i knew how to change my name (unlike those idiot players) and never used the name Player.  Then when newbies kept bothering me about if i was really a girl or not, i changed it too sk8bl1nd  (my brother's sn)  i also came up with sk8 ch1|<.  Those didn't work for me either.  Then one day i was sitting there listening to punk music and thought DAMN thats it!  and viola! we have PuNkGirL!

sk8 ch1|<  (explained above)
311 junkie  (actually a copy off of one of my friends aim buddy icons^_^)
Well, you know... when I first saw pG, I thought it was Power And Glory being lazy :-D
>_< you and about everyone else who plays rc apperently.... but NOW everyone knows that only -I- not power and glory use pG^_^
What a great topic. This is ACTUALLY very interesting !!:thumb:
I used to be for 5 years.../usr/local/gin which if you know UNIX,
then you know it's a very common directory path, which I changed to
gin instead of bin...I like muh Bombay Gin Martini's. Then I changed it to
PIX because that's one of my career specialties...working on Cisco PIX
firewalls.

Damn...now I want some gin with lotta salty olives.

CHEERS.:wacko:
Make mine alittle dirty Pix. and tell everyone at peabody's i said hi, as well as bb's on beal's and the grand(tunica is getting better)
Peabody Hotel is still nice. They totally rebuilt downtown and Beale Street around it and built a huge place
called..of course...Peabody Place. They got Issac Hayes's Resturant down there too. Yes...CHEF has his own
place now. Yes...Memphis is great...and that is why all of us are moving OUT of it to the suburbs and small towns
outside of it. They call it "the great white flight". You figure it out.:wacko:
Well, originally I used Solis and Soulace, but people kept pronouncing it SO-LIS and SOUL-ACE. Then recently a friend of mine mentioned Breath of Fire while we were talking about rpg's. So then I created SoulEvan. A spinoff from Soulace. A spinoff from DeathEvan(BoF2). :D
Heh, I bet you can all guess where I got my name from.
SoulEvan,Apr 7 2003, 06:10 PM Wrote:Well, originally I used Solis and Soulace, but people kept pronouncing it SO-LIS and SOUL-ACE. Then recently a friend of mine mentioned Breath of Fire while we were talking about rpg's. So then I created SoulEvan. A spinoff from Soulace. A spinoff from DeathEvan(BoF2). :D
Am I the only one wondering why it matters how people pronounce a screenname?
Cause, like the people Noxious hate, I correct everyone when they pronounce/spell anything wrong. :D

Well to an extent. Most of my problem with people is the there - their - they're thing. My friends hate it when I correct them. Mostly because I act so retarded. I'm Stupid I'm Stupid I'm Stupid!! :rolleyes: