Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News from Nova Scotia
As of 12:06PM AST (which is 11:06AM EST) we have 51 cm of snow down, thats roughly 20 inches for you yanks ;) Winds are blowing at 80 to 100 kph (45 to 60 mph roughly)

All of Nova Scotia is in a state of emergency. There is basically nothing on the roads. Busses have been shut down and even the plows are not on all the roads.

Power has been going on and off in different places all day. Thankfully I still have power for now. I'm going out later to clean off a few decks. Most people have at least 1 door packed with snow so they can't open them. I'm going to have to drop down out of the back door as it is cause my front door has 3 feet of snow piled up in front of it and I can't open it.

I know of at least 4 decks that I will be clenaing off, or at least partly cleaning off. Oh well so much for having a back. lol

See yas later.
hopefully its all ok. Did you have to call in the military like we did?
Nope not yet. My guess thou is that if it keeps up we will have to ask them for help
Hmm, I'll have to call my mom and get an update, all of her family lives there.
We're now upto 80+ cm (32 inches) of snow down and more to come. We have broken a record here. This is the most snow we've had in a 24 hour period. The 24 hour close don't stop till about 2am so there is many hours to go.

I was only able to partly clean off 2 decks before I had to get back in. with the high wind gusts I couldn't see anything. Worse of it is, the snow is mostly backed from where I cleaned from. I'm gonna leave the clenaing till tomorrow. I wish I had a snow blower right now, I could make a bundle clenaing driveways over the next few days.