Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look! Stats! .... Hi!
Hello everyone, this is my very first post on this forum, but I won't make this long cause I'm real tired from a sleepless night (It's 8:00 a.m. now!!).

I have completed my Ricochet statistics generator! Check it out at: http://tbbstats.evil.nu
Come to my server (From which these log files are coming from [Well hopefully, I don't know if it's automatically running or not, it should generate stats 10 minutes or so after every map change.]) and check it out... just play around on it, and in 30 minutes the stats should be generated!

My IP: 68.102.96.23
Name of server: The Bounce Box

Hopefully someday we can get this thing set up on the Holdout servers.
Great Job I am really excited and I am sure all the other players are too.
evil_admin and Gwarsbane handle most of the computer stuff on GRITS' place and Vad's place so I am sure you will be hearing from one of them soon about putting stats on the servers.
How did you make the stat generator?
Here are some things that will help make your stats cooler

- Add a kill/death ratio column

- Have each player have his/her own little page you can click on and check out stats and stuff.

- Make columns for how many bounces in a shot

- Make it to where you can sort by any of the stats (ie name, rank, bounce, decaps, etc)
CloudFuel,Feb 16 2003, 04:37 PM Wrote:Here are some things that will help make your stats cooler

- Add a kill/death ratio column

- Have each player have his/her own little page you can click on and check out stats and stuff.

- Make columns for how many bounces in a shot

- Make it to where you can sort by any of the stats (ie name, rank, bounce, decaps, etc)
- I decided against putting in a kill/death ratio simply because most people's deaths exceed their kills. I will add it if it is truely desired though:).

- There's really not much else you can put on a seperate stats page... The Ricochet server doesn't log a whole lot for you to work with.

- Like I said, you don't have much to work with. The Ricochet server doesn't even log the different types of rebound kills.

- Yeah, I thought about that... but it was 7:00 a.m. and my mind was screaming for sleep:).
I know when you have the console down it tells you what you killed your opponent with. However I don't know if it tells you the differance between the types of push disk kills. I would like a kill/death ratio stat. I disagree that most peoples deaths exceed their kills. In terms of new people yes but the good players and regulars will have more kills than deaths.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Awesome work MG. I look forward to seeing this on HOLDOUT's, and I plan to stop by your server later to check it out:)
Power and Glory,Feb 16 2003, 09:14 PM Wrote:I know when you have the console down it tells you what you killed your opponent with. However I don't know if it tells you the differance between the types of push disk kills. I would like a kill/death ratio stat. I disagree that most peoples deaths exceed their kills. In terms of new people yes but the good players and regulars will have more kills than deaths.
In the console you usually see...

blah killed blah2 with 0bounce (no ricochet) or 1bounce (meaning one ricochet) or etc..... I would have thought that was put into the log files?
hmmm it may be hard to extract from the logs I can share with you some of the ones from my server if you want to see what you can do with it
WOW I just played on her server....IT KICKS ASS! Grits you HAVE to get these stats on your's too. Also MG teach me how to make these stats...I will help you guys. Cloud = Computer geek galore....

- are kills equal to wins?
Kills are equal to kills... LOL. Knock someone off or chop their head off, you get a kill.

I wrote the stats generator in PHP.
On the log files, all kills show up the same way except for decapitations.
so then there is no column for WINS yet? Can we add that to the list of things to add to the stats? Also wtf is PHP?
CloudFuel,Feb 18 2003, 12:54 AM Wrote:so then there is no column for WINS yet? Can we add that to the list of things to add to the stats? Also wtf is PHP?
Hold up.. you claim to be a computer geek, and you know NOT of PHP?!?!?!?! PHP allows things to be scripted server-side like ASP (Active Server Pages - Micro$oft thing) and these forums themselves are built upon PHP.... you were using it all along, and you didn't even know it ;-)
Oh and the new HLDM part of Vad's site is based around PHP too.:) Means things can be done dynamically and I've made it nice and easy for GRITS to post to... hehe.
I am a comp. geek...but haven't done much in the way of programming. I am just now learning java and stuff....I most do graphics, video, and audio work...
I used to be a computer geek. But as real life has started taking over... I've found new things to take my time.
You know, I started finding that... and then management went and throw a tight deadline with overtime pay and bonuses :/ Need the money for later this year.