Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Info for Tournament
Since you guys had that big discussion on who you thought was the best, maybe it's time that we find out for real.

I'm gonna start a big tournament.

Ok this is just a rough idea of the rules and such since i just decided to do this today.

I'm gonna have open signups to anyone and everyone (this includes johnnykill, it wouldn't be a tourny of the best if everyone couldn't be represented)

I'm gonna cap the participants at 64 (though i don't think it'll be that big)

depending on the size will be the type of tourny (hence a 4 player tourny would be a round robin tourny, an 8 person tourny would be double elemination, a 16 person tourny would be double elem with a single elem first round, and a 32 or more would be complete single elem)

I think it will be run much like the PSLeague matches.

I could use some help, I don't want to admit people that will just not play, like what happened to PSL. (2 or 3 people to help would be fine)

Finally, I'm gonna call alot of it by ear, being the first time and all.

If you have any more questions email me

In order to sign up, just either reply to this post or send an email back to me. (i would prefer the email, for practibilty reasons.)

[email protected]

I hope this will be big and that if it is a success that we can do it again

-PuNk
Ok i'm compiling a list now, this makes 3 definates (shalk, nox, and cloud). When the list starts to grow and you would like to have it, contact me. I'll send it to you through email.
one more thing, I will not add you guys to the list unless you send me an email or reply to this topic. Teling me in RC isn't defininate for me.
Ok i've decided when signups will be closed. It will be february 28th 11:59 pm U.S eastern time. as soon as March 1st hits then signups are closed, I can't keep them open forever, we have to actually HAVE the tourny.

And as for rules
  • on spamming.... I really can't enforce such a rule, you'll have to agree with your oppenent when you have your match on if it will be allowed or not. But if you don't have this discussion then spamming will be allowed by default.<>
  • not all matches will be on Grits place, so any instances of use key being used should be screen shotted and sent to either cloud, shalk, nox, or me for analysis<>
  • No more then 2 sprays per person can be sprayed during the match (for reasons of lag)<>
  • type kills are allowed<>
  • blocking and bumping is allowed<>
  • be a good sport (if you win don't brag, or if you lose don't start cussing out the other person) Violations of this could have kicked you out of this tournament or banned from consecutive tournaments. This includes when you are playing on Vad's place or any other server.<>
  • don't flood a server with type spam, doing so is grounds for disqualification<>
    [st]These are just a start, i'll add more if i think of them. If you want a rule change send me an email on why it should be changed and what it should be changed too, i will not except a reply to this post as a request for a rule change. Also cloud, shalk, and nox can add rules too.

One more thing, I know that you guys wont violate these rules, but I just want to make sure.
Let us recall that this torunament is about fun, winning should be second. We're all friends here so as we eventually progress through the tourny, lets make sure we're still friends when it's all said and done:)
PuNkGirL,Feb 20 2003, 06:50 PM Wrote:And as for rules
  • on spamming.... I really can't enforce such a rule, you'll have to agree with your oppenent when you have your match on if it will be allowed or not. But if you don't have this discussion then spamming will be allowed by default.<>
  • No more then 2 sprays per person can be sprayed during the match (for reasons of lag)<>
  • type kills are allowed<>
    [st]
Wat if both people dont agree on the spam rule, ie 1 wants to be lame and spam and 1 dusnt want spamming allowed?
And wats spray?
ok matches are going to be 15 minutes long like in PSL. But I'm gonna change something. If a person gets 10 more wins then the other player then the player wins due to technical win. There is a point where it is going to be obvoius that a player is going to win. Shouln't embarass the other person with scores like 60 to 4.

As for blocking, like i said, its allowed
FrooTy every 5 min he late i think because i will give u an exmple...

there is sometimes that i need to change cd key so im lating 2 min caus i need to open EditPlut and the regedit and its take time

but in 5 min i will do all of this for sure so im supporting this but 5 min late
yeah 5 minutes sounds good, and frooty, I love the idea. I wish I had thought of it o.O
Ok, I close the signups on friday february 28th. On March 1st I'll make up the brackets and then the matches can start, I'll post them on the board, but if you don't plan on checking it then give me your email so i'll email you. When you get your match, it is up to you to schedule the best time for you two to play. You have till the end of Friday to play your match and either post your results or send them to me. I know its kind of a rough way to run the tourny but its the best I can do for now till we get a site for this thing.
Ok, with the signups coming to a close, we have 34 ppl signed up. Now sign ups are still open and all, but here is the current list of players that we got:
  • Noxious<>
  • PuNkGirL<>
  • CloudFuel<>
  • SHalk<>
  • :/ lil face<>
  • g-boy<>
  • dust<>
  • The General<>
  • MotherGoose<>
  • Skull<>
  • _Acid_Head_<>
  • netniv<>
  • Grits<>
  • Running with Scissors<>
  • Pix<>
  • Shock<>
  • Pique<>
  • Fritoman<>
  • frooty<>
  • Musketeer_Fin<>
  • Sieg<>
  • Linus<>
  • kirby<>
  • enzymo<>
  • chentvin<>
  • .asm<>
  • Power and Glory<>
  • ][_ i m i t | e s s<>
  • (=Tz=)Living Dead<>
  • Genghis the Proverbial Yeti<>
  • Reciprocity<>
  • [CAKE]rush<>
  • Melba Toast<>
  • jabbahunt<>
    [st]Ok if I listed you and you don't want to be in the tourny, now is the time to back out. One more thing since 34 is 2 above 32 (a power of 2) and not even close to 64, we may have to have pigtails. If we have them, then i'd be glad to accept volunteers for it, otherwise I'll have to determine it randomly. This is of course, unless Cloud, Nox, or Shalk has a better idea on how to handle this problem. :D
matches will be one per week. Schedule them at your leisure, cause i know that there is no way that 30 some ppl's schedules could POSSIBLY be free for any day, or long enough to hold a tourny.
Why not compile a list of email addresses of participants and moderators, it may not be necessary with the forum here, but it would provide a backup should something go wrong (ie. the forum goes down) and someone (or everyone) needs to be notified of critical news.

Come to think of it, if a custom map tourny was held, one email to the whole list would ensure that everybody has the map.

ATM it doesn't look necessary to me, so I'll give this IRQ 99
Yeah ok, that sounds like a plan. I'll just take the email addresses off of the forum. Anyone who sent me an email instead of posting here, i already have their email.
Ok, when i create the matches and all, i'll post them in the forum and try to send out emails to everyone i can about who they are playing, if you didn't get an email by mistake, just go to the forum and check. The match should be there, even if you got a bye.
This was posted in the wrong section, I figured I would move it here.

**** Originally posted by Punkgirl ****

Ok, as i watch the clock hit 12 oclock we end the signups

here is the final list of players:
  • Noxoius<>
  • punkgirl<>
  • cloudfuel<>
  • :/ lil face<>
  • g-boy<>
  • dust<>
  • The General<>
  • mothergoose<>
  • skull<>
  • _acid_head_<>
  • netniv<>
  • grits<>
  • RWS<>
  • pix<>
  • shock<>
  • pique<>
  • fritoman<>
  • frooty<>
  • musketeer_fin<>
  • sieg<>
  • linus<>
  • kirby<>
  • enzymo<>
  • chentvin<>
  • .asm<>
  • power and glory<>
  • ][_ i m i t | e s s<>
  • (=Tz=)Living Dead<>
  • Genghis the Proverbial Yeti<>
  • reciprocity<>
  • [CAKE]rush<>
  • Melba Toast<>
  • jabbahunt<>
  • Gemakk<>
  • Terror of the Discs<>
  • Ringus<>
  • Shakira<>
  • Magoo<>
  • rulepool<>
  • nemesis<>
    [st]if i can count correctly, then that is 41 ppl. Tomorrow, by the end of the day, i'll have the brackets posted and all. I'll start sending out emails too, but i won't guarentee that i'll get all the emails out tomorrow. Good luck everyone!!!
wtf... thx for removing me.... and im 1 of the staff....
:blink:Gwar.... why did u removed me?

look at pG posts.... she even wrote that im from the staffs
Gwarsbane just moved the post....it was PuNkGirL's post make sure you talk with her
look at the other 2 lists.... im there

just add me to this list
sorry about that^_^
  • First Match: Musketeer_Fin has a bye<>
  • Second Match: Double Bye<>
  • Third Match: Linus has a bye<>
  • Fourth Match: Double Bye<>
  • Fifth Match: jabbahunt has a bye<>
  • Sixth Match: :/ lil face vs. _Acid_Head_<>
  • Seventh Match: Skull vs. Cloudfuel<>
  • Eigth Match: netniv vs. g-boy<>
  • Ninth Match: The General vs. Shock<>
  • Tenth Match: Double Bye<>
  • Eleventh Match: dust vs. Gemakk<>
  • Twelvth Match: rulepool has a bye<>
  • Thirteenth Match: chentvin vs. Melba Toast<>
  • Fourteenth Match: frooty has a bye<>
  • Fifteenth Match: (=Tz=)Living Dead has a bye<>
  • Sixteenth Match: fritoman vs. shakira<>
  • Seventeenth Match: Grits vs. Genghis the Proverbial Yeti<>
  • Eigthteenth Match: [CAKE]rush vs. nemesis<>
  • Ninteenth Match: noxious has a bye<>
  • Twentith Match: enzymo vs. Terror of the Discs<>
  • Twenty-first Match: .asm vs. ] [_ i m i t | e s s<>
  • Twenty-second Match: Double Bye<>
  • Twenty-third Match: Double Bye<>
  • Twenty-fourth Match: Shalk vs. Ringus<>
  • Twenty-fifth Match: Pique vs. Pix<>
  • Twenty-sixth Match: Magoo vs. Kirby<>
  • Twenty-seventh Match: Sieg has a bye<>
  • Twenty-eigth Match: Reciprocity vs. RWS<>
  • Twenty-ninth Match: Double Bye<>
  • Thirtith Match: MotherGoose vs. Punkgirl<>
  • Thirty-first Match: Double Bye<>
  • Thirty-second Match: Power and Glory has a bye<>
    [st]Ok i did all these matchs randomly, i'm sorry if you got a bye, or if you have a bye then next round have another bye. Its the way the cookie crumbled. You have until the end of friday to play your match. If you can't get a hold of the person tell a staff member, and they'll try to contact them, if unsuccessful, then you get a forfeit win. If both ppl fail to report then its a double forfeit and that duel's next oppenent has a bye.

One more thing the faster we get these match results back, the faster we can move on to the next round^_^. I'll start the next round early if we get em all back b4 saturday.
I would love to watch some of those matches. Too bad there is no option just to spectate. Good Luck to all
[Image: b_560x95.png]
OK GUYS....SLOOOOOOW Down. I need to finish the site...lets back off on the tourney a bit cuz we don't even have confirmation from everyone. Plus some people liek Rulepool2 weren't added to the list, but they joined....and we kinda want him in the tourney cuz he'll probably win.....So let's not just jump into this with no rules or anything specified...I mean hell half these peeps we don't even know. So let's get a site going, then have the pairings there...and do it that way. Plus us leaders need to talk about how this is gonna run...cuz I have no idea how you are doing it...and if I'm gonna be a leader I'm gonna make sure this goes as smooth and good as possible....

- Here's an idea....why don't we upload the webpage to grits' site...and have it as a link?
i added rulepool and magoo, they joined on time.
i won't send emails out yet, since cloud wants to hold off on the tourny, but i posted the matches, so you can play em. Until we decide on having a site b4 this starts then you have until then to finish your first round match. I'll keep you posted. When you complete it, just send me the result. Be sure to have a screen shot rdy, just in case there is a discrepency between the two players
can u explain &quot;Bye&quot; please? is it automatic win?
Yes a bye means you play no one that round...since there aren't enough people to play....
I missed the sign up!

:huh::(

ooh and I like my title, only if it's GRITS's who's toy I am:P
[Image: chicken+copy.jpg]
Yeah Jooza my site=my play toy....glad you dont mind;)