Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lingo
a b
please elaborate on this idea a little further...
a b
hahah I love the idea....that's cool!

You could call it a noob's ultimate guide to rico...or rico talk for dummies....lol
Pique - (n) God

o and blocking is there too...self explainitory
I don't think what cloud was asking was what jargon or slang means, because when I first read the post I was thinking the same thing. I believe the reason is that there is not very much jargon in ricochet... pad and stall are hardly slang, because it is a pad in our perception of the word, and stalling... well, you're literally stalling, staying in one spot. There is decap, which is obviously short for decapitation. I was actually thinking we don't have enough terms, because there is nothing to describe certain jumps, no word describing firing over the barriers, stuff like that. Midairs... shooting someone in midair, but once again that's just a literal description. Deer in the headlights... when a disc is coming right at you and you freeze, hesitating too long, and you die. White disc... falling just before a round countdown and getting stuck in spectator, automatically losing the rest of the match. Some people might consider camping behind a barrier and stalling on the same pad as pulling a Darkson or something, of course referring to the guy who used to use that style primarily. Anyway, like I said, not much jargon, it's not as if we use fruit and household item names to describe objects and jumps... we just say it how it is.
a b
and to think darkson left a game to see his name in lights to come here and read this,lol, best part of site
You guys aren't sharing in the excitement the original post created in me......true there isn't a lot of jargon in Ricochet but that is because we are the people that will create that jargon. Like "BOX" for the the jumping competition. that was made for g-boy and nox's names because they put it together. And Darkson has become synonymous with the term camping and while we all know what camping is it is still jargon....I am still enough of a noob to remember when I didnt know what that meant. And I use to call the over the rail shot the Shakira shot because she would catch me with it once if not twice every match. And on many occasion Gemmak's name has come up when I have gotten killed with an in the air shot. The field is open...you guys use jargon in passing all the time. Wha? just wants to keep it in one place..what a great idea for a literature thesis. Jargon in the gaming world. btw I have no idea what o.0 means and you guys keep using it. :D it must be some sort of jargon?
well you have the term cs mentality which means that the person automatically believes that since you beat them that they are cheating, this word of course could go with the word newb.
Over the cross bar shots I simply call xbars. And mid air shots are aptly called MAs. The one thing I think would help is the naming of the jumps. It is so difficult to describe a jump to someone:(
We have to remember that this is a game with the intent of killing your opponent, and language should be tied to the act of either the shot or the defense of the shot. Kung fu rico. think about it. The one lasting thing about arena is its not automatic, when do u jump or don't jump, who jumps first all matters.
Sorry shouldnt have moved this one with the "jump lingo" Sorry Pique
Quote:GOOD GOD NOX...GO OUTSIDE...THE SUN IS SHINING...jk thats sweet and doesn't take that much time. How bout this one? "Pull a Cloud" - Screaming at anyone who typekills . Or a "Pique vs Shaki" - Just bump them purposfully but not so pourposfully that is not inconceibveable that you may have bumped them purposfully so that you can confuse them enough so that there is still that doubt that you may have bumped them or you may not have done it on purpose in which case you consufse them so much that they stand there not sure wether you shuld yell at you or waiting for you to say sry but you dont say sry because you want them to wait a little bit then you can kill em and watch pull a cloud cause they are just too confused to move and they just sit there and watch the deer in the headlights thingy and they just sit there and loser the head but they xcant lose the head cause then the deer in teh headlights wouldn't wokr cause the deer couldn't see the light without the eyes in the head so ud need a special disc that leavesd the eyes but still decaps em kinda like a non eye decapping disc killer rusty pice of metal frisbee so we can get a new name for this mod instead of ricochet it should be "frisbe 'o death" so getting back to the fact of bumping them you then win the match and then they cant be mad cause it was TEHIR FAULT AND NOT YOURS SO YOU JUST LAUGH AND LAUGH AND THEY CANT DO ANYTHING CAUSE YOU DO IT AGAIN THE NEXT TIME YOU PLAY EM then they get realllllllllly mad at you