Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you rather talk than type?
I am not making any promises that any consensus will lead me to change the way the servers are set up now, but I would like to know how people...mostly the regulars, feel about typing vs voicing during the game. btw my typing skills have really improved since I started playing ricochet..I type a lot faster knowing I have to finish before my head is cut off…..a couple people have said that it would be nice to hear my accent...flattery does affect me…...but I probably would still type even if the mics are on. I don’t like to interrupt.:D
It doesn't matter to me, one way or another. I'll still type due to the fact that my mic sux.
I don't own a mic so typing is the only thing I can do. Typing is hard enough for me.:lol: I don't mind when people use the mic cause everyone has the option to mute the person if they want to when it gets annoying.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
on long nights it is fun to listen to 10 year olds trying to talk tuff,and say "why cant i play" if they get annoying i just mute them but, if no one is interested in talking, thats fine, I can type O K, but you will no longer get to hear my soothing harry connick jr. voice ;)as i sing and use my reapier wit, {doh}
frito
I hate voice comms in ANY program. I haven't found them useful at all.

Most of the time you just get annoying little kids yelling into them. Or in my cause unable to set them up right so that people can hear me. They get a ton of static on their end.

I finally found a way to fully disable the voice on my end so that no matter what I don't hear anyone. :D

Its in the FAQ section already I believe.
I listen to music while I play so I never could hear people talking... and I will never be able to. So in my opinion it's not wroth turning back on =D
Gwars. Voice is very useful for clan matches in say CS or RTCW for obvious reasons. But in ricochet voice is neutral for me. I hate having to mtue the 10 year olds or people who use the mic excessivly. but with voice enabled you can play music through the mic to make the queue line go faster. anyone remember popeye?
Ijust don't like the constant struggle between the voices of the players vs the voices in my head. I have been listening to the voices in my head for many many years and I like what they say to me.

:D
I think Gwar understands that voice is usefull and recommended in those games Pique but for his own playing he does not like it.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Can't say i would, I dont have a "working" mic. And i dont want people talking back and forth like muts, thats just annoying. We've al heard the rubble coming out of people's mouths in servers, its no fun for anyone.:thumb::smurf:
*-=][_=-*
I would say that 9/10 times it's ok. But you do get some stupid players that use it and run their mouths off. I have given GRITS the commands that would disable their use of voice so they'd have to go and re-enable them... :-D Cost me a lotta points as I had to reconnect after that I remember!

I was playing on a server the other day, and there was a few of us left, and I started to use the mic, and so did this other guy, and it was quite fun... because you don't have to try to read the text fast, you can just listen the voice as you go around doing your normal routine...

a side effect is that they can do something, and comment it, and then you just crack up laughing and get killed one way or another...:)
I'm just sick of people that try to talk into their microphone and all you hear is "jhdhdhasjudhashdjsadhdbnjas"
My wife would want to know who all those womenz are talking in my speakers!
I would get a pounding and therefore I would turn my speakers off to save a beating.
I would rather chat than play of course. We could also bust all these guys sayin they are
girls. I KNOW GRITS is a womenz, the lawd told me so. As for her Southern accent,
ya can't have grits without the accent. Nobody in the North knows wut a 'grit' is anyway.
:lol:
I fortunately managed to get rid of that problem when I left her ;-)
LOL
Saw a bumper sticker today:

I miss my EX.
But my aim is getting better every day.

:lol: