Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Competition is scarce
Where are all the really kickass "I'm the best" players gone? They're a dying breed in ricochet it seems. The only constant is crappy players that I'll never see again most likely. There is the odd regular that comes into a GRITS server every now and then..., but it's not enough!! I *NEED* to see some of these legends I've heard of, like RWS, or Gemakk. It is really boring going into the server and beating on (1)Player for half an hour. I have not got my ass kicked since when I first started this game, and that is what I really need to keep going with it.
Could have something to do with summer and all. Most people probably find themselves doing "real" things in "real" life. As for not getting your ass kicked, there are a few ways to fix that, most of which involve lowering your skill level so (1)Player is a challenge. Try mixing medications and then downing a mickey of something strong, even if it says "DANGER: Poisonous" on the label.
Ya like Wha? says its summer, people are either...

A) Frying to death in the heat so head off to the lake....
B) Working and scooting off to the lake for parties in the heat...
C) Dragged off with their parents kicking and screaming on a "family vacation"...
D) At summer school and have a ton of homework to do, then send the rest of the time with friends...
E) Held captive on an alien ship, while being probed a few dozen times, while they switch out their organs for other worldly organs... (this one is just a guess thou)
for the record that alien probeing is grosly over rated don't let any one of em talk you into it sure they say its great fun, but if i wanted that i'd go to the doctor and wait for him to say turn your head and cough.
yeah chica, i posted something to that effect in g-boy's thread.
Acid is a legend. :blink:
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
I never said Acid wasn't a legend..., but now that you bring him up I'd have to say that I don't really find him to be a legend. He's an alright player and all but has never really been brought because soandso thought he was too good and stuff like that. That is who the legends are to me..., must be brought up once and a while for their style or just how unbeatable they are. The only thing anyone has ever said about acid when he has been brought are bad things, but there is this Max girl that is the exception to that. Then again she's all :wub: for acid, sooo... yea.
i agree no one plays anymore:(
I'm getting a little tired of people saying no one plays anymore its all over the forums, i have an idea, it might be a little contreversial but maybe we should try it, stop ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***ing about no one playing and start playing.
most of my city is down without power due to 100 mph straight line winds that hit Tuesday morning.
Thats my excuse for not playing..;)
anonymity you see theres a reason i dont play anymore, and it's probably the fact that when i say stuff i get responses like yours. the atmosphere that our community had is gone.
As much as I hate to see good friends go, let's remember folks that these same good players were noobs once. I for one still make it on at least a half hour to an hour per day and am seeing a whole bunch of new players. If we help train these new guys and gals to get good, then we will have our competition back in no time.

Of course we are going to have players leave. We only play 1 friggin map!! It does get old, I am not the first to say it.
On top of that there are other games and of course as pointed out , other summer time activities.

So... it's not so bad. Positive sides to such changes are:

1. You are now the mentors to these new players. You will get the credit later on for inspiring them, like you all have given to the prior greats here on the forums.

2. As noobs poor in and veterans poor out, you have the chance to demonstrate the best available skills around! Noobs talk like we do and used to. Enough of them say you are the best, and guess what!! You are the best. G-Boy and RWS weren't the best until the rest of the previous bests had filed out. Now is your chance to climb the ranks.

3. They will come back. Maybe not today or even tomorrow. Maybe they will not play at the regularity or the calibur at which they did a month ago. But they will come back and see how greatly you have improved.

All I am saying is that if you thought we would have the same great players for ever, that was kinda' naive. Only a small handful of players have played for more than a year. I have taken absences that have lasted months. Hell in the small time I spent away getting my computer fixed, I came back to find 2 new clans and names beating me I had never heard of.

The state of the game is as good as ever. Please realize this.

Beastie
ppl are just fed up with the new freaks that come in saying "cs is better" or "hey how do you do that move" and repeat themselves over and over....i say Grits should have a locked server jsut for regulars to go in and have ppl play that are actually good and not whine about the swear filter or the mod is retarded..just a idea:)

EDIT: also i think ppl are waiting for the new NS2.0 to come out..TS2.0 was released the other day and the servers jumped from 15 to like over 100...everybody is just waiting for something new to come out..like hl2..after a few months half of the hl servers will prob be gone...most of the mods will be dead unless they port over to hl2...
sinbon,Jul 24 2003, 02:09 PM Wrote:anonymity you see theres a reason i dont play anymore, and it's probably the fact that when i say stuff i get responses like yours. the atmosphere that our community had is gone.
i don't think its gone. I didn't mean to single out anyone in particular in my outburst, it just seems that too many people are complaing about a low of regulars/veterens, the forums is not the place to do it, if you want more of the regs/vets to be coming in, u could A) go into a server and play untill u attract those playersB)u could make friends and contacts via msn/aim/IRC or any other chat program and say hey do u wanna rico? The point in saying stuff, like critising is to give ideas on how to fix your problem, not just complaing, that doesn't solve anything. Its the old cliche if your not part of the soulution your part of the problem.
soul, the new freaks notion is not new at all. The same comments have been made since long ago, and these new players are no more annoying than any of us were when we started. Don't criticize them for it. Hell weren't you banned as a noob?

Sinbon, much repsect due, man. However the community as it sits now developed long after you had left the game. Sure, your peak play community has disolved, but that happened nearly a year ago, not now. Anon just makes a point: go play and stop complaining.

I have to agree with him, too. As I said before, it's just a turning point we are experiencing. We have a new influx of players and that is a good thing, not a bad. Some of the best players have stepped away for the time being. So instead of whining or leaving for yourself... step up and be a leader!

Do Not :ph34r: (fear) the :huh: (unknown)!!
nah i wasnt banned as a "noob" i wasnt anybody good either..i was between...those were bad times :upto:
beastie ive been playing quite a while for about 2 hrs a day now, just always under alias (as i have always done) I have not seen anything whatsoever community wise really since I got back. These forums are alive but the servers are dead.
I play quite a bit to, i just saw turtle about a half hour ago, saw chent and rush yesterday, as well as wha, PIX to. We're not in a big crisis its just a summer low, becasuse ppl are vacationing, but i'm glad your in the servers, thats a step in the right direction.
Well. Right now it's the 31 of July (on my computer anyhow) and I said a few days ago that I was quitting... but after reading all this stuff I'm thinking I should come back. Since people are saying there's a low of good players, then maybe I should just come back and start playing and working with noobs that might have some skill and show that they do. I mean I have band in the morning (reason I thought I had to quit) but other then that I'm free unless I decide to do something. But yeah I guess I'm willing to try and bring up the servers and help out for the rookies to get better. So I guess I'm back till there aren't so many complaints...
Yeah I try to make time for this stuff. YOu know its tons of fun, especially when good players are playing. Look for me usually between 10 and 12 est anytime of the year. Oh btw, I saw turtle land the backwards S. GOOD JOB FOR YOU TURTLE!!
*-=][_=-*
Turtle, that has to be the lamest return excuse ever =)
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
He did it for the woman of ricochet he is just too gallant to say so.:wub:
look for Turtle/Tozzar's name to be...let's say...a slight bit different when he returns...
Lol Sockhole I know it is the lamest excuse. The real reason is this game is caffeine. Sure I can give it up for about half a year or so but then I drink one little drink and I'm hooked again. So I played one little game and I'm hooked all over. Hope I never become an alcoholic or anything. And thanks also to Limit. Glad I finally did the backwards S jump.

By the way: I did kinda do it for the women. I'm a sucker for them I tell ya.