Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you wanna be when you grow up?
even i don't really know...i'm graduating from college next year (i'm a mathematics major). i don't even know if i want to go to grad school. some of things i have been thinking about are:

actuarial work (insurance statistics) - lotsa money and no grad degree required...but probably boring.
anyone see "about schmidt" w/ jack nicholson? seriously, when you see how much some of these guys make, you're no longer going to wonder why they keep raising your premiums...:D.

mathematical biology - basically mathematically modeling structures and processes in life-science...a masters a must here at least...i would especially like to work in ecological modeling or genetics...this one guy at school lectured on the mathematical properties of sea-ice...believe it or not, it was really interesting, and even more surprising, it was useful.

biostatistics - well, being a life-sciences statistician...lotsa jobs out there...probably work for a pharmeceutical company making sure their drug gets FDA approval. need a masters here.

basically, i will probably either work in economics or biology.

if anyone knows anything about any of these jobs, please let me know.

Messages In This Thread
What do you wanna be when you grow up? - by GRITS - 04-04-2003, 05:38 PM
What do you wanna be when you grow up? - by kermit - 04-04-2003, 08:14 PM
What do you wanna be when you grow up? - by g-boy - 04-04-2003, 11:23 PM
What do you wanna be when you grow up? - by Guest - 04-05-2003, 12:36 AM
What do you wanna be when you grow up? - by g-boy - 04-05-2003, 12:53 PM
What do you wanna be when you grow up? - by g-boy - 04-05-2003, 03:04 PM
What do you wanna be when you grow up? - by Guest - 04-07-2003, 09:28 AM
What do you wanna be when you grow up? - by PIX - 04-17-2003, 01:29 PM