Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you wanna be when you grow up?
Where to begin....

To start, I am going to UCSB next year, as I exclaimed before. That was basically my first goal, get into college. I have a couple of majors to choose from, and I may change my mind a few times over the next year or so. But I'll follow asm's lead and give a few ideas I have for my future, in order of what would be most ideal (but perhaps unlikely).

Writer: I think I was born a writer, and for at least 7 years that's all I've wanted to do. I think I am good, but I just haven't gotten the push to write enough and try to get published. Realizing that a profession in writing often leads to disappointment, I will not pursue it as an educational degree, perhaps it is something that will just happen if I write during and after college.

Filmmaker: This is actually a more recent occurance, I've realized between my friend and I that we have some pretty interesting ideas and comedic abilities. We have an "idea book" which is basically all of our funny or stupid ideas that occur to us, and we want to implement them into a movie called Smokeless Fire. I've already written a satire screenplay based on some of our ideas. Once again, this is not a promising career, my father pursued it in college and it never worked out, I want something more secure. Perhaps something will come of it on our private time.

Forensic/research psychologist: This is where it starts to get tough to decide. I've always been a very observant person, and I think I'd make a good investigator. I am also pretty knowledgeable in psychology. It's been my plan for a couple of years to become a psychologist, but not a shrink, more of a researcher. The field of crime and investigation has been interesting as well, so I may go that direction. Unfortunately, it's not always great pay, and who knows if it will be the thing for me.

Forensic/research biologist: This is also very recent, I have discovered I have an amazing ability to absorb anything about biology/nature/medicine. It's also interesting to me. I am currently leaning towards a major in biology, but I have yet to choose a field, there is a couple that interest me. Once again, forensics will always be on my mind, but it's bad pay and sometimes boring, or so I've read.

Professor: I like teaching. I tutor, I am good at explaining things. But seeing what they go through, what they become, I do not want to teach at a level below University. Very high aspirations. In every field I wish to major in, I definitely plan on pursuing the highest degree I can get, and I want a Ph.D. Maybe someday I will be a psychology professor.

I have high goals, and sure, it may not happen. But I've always felt that there is so much going on in my mind that it must be put to good use. I'll stress again, no matter what degrees I end up getting, I will pursue writing, and see what happens. You'll see my name again one day. :D

Er... my name is Brandon MacKenzie.

Messages In This Thread
What do you wanna be when you grow up? - by GRITS - 04-04-2003, 05:38 PM
What do you wanna be when you grow up? - by g-boy - 04-04-2003, 11:23 PM
What do you wanna be when you grow up? - by Guest - 04-05-2003, 12:36 AM
What do you wanna be when you grow up? - by g-boy - 04-05-2003, 12:53 PM
What do you wanna be when you grow up? - by g-boy - 04-05-2003, 03:04 PM
What do you wanna be when you grow up? - by Guest - 04-07-2003, 09:28 AM
What do you wanna be when you grow up? - by PIX - 04-17-2003, 01:29 PM