Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new map
expect a new map soon. Kinda new. Youve all played it many many times. its just....different. Think of Arena as iraq and im Bush. Thats how its kinda gonna turn out.
Make a map that is barred all the way around, only jump shooting, one person in middle, one on outside.
Sounds like a great idea. Something else you could do... is add teleports that would drop you in a different section too... and have overhead obstructions so that it forced certain types of jumps.
Just watched a certain movie yesterday and came up with a badass idea...but I don't wanna release the idea, because someone else might beat me to it...but I assure you *if* I can pull it off...it'll be phenomenal...otherwise I'll let someone else finish it out, cuz it's worth releasing...

- for a clue...think back towards the middle ages...
CloudFuel,Apr 7 2003, 10:33 PM Wrote:Just watched a certain movie yesterday and came up with a badass idea...but I don't wanna release the idea, because someone else might beat me to it...but I assure you *if* I can pull it off...it'll be phenomenal...otherwise I'll let someone else finish it out, cuz it's worth releasing...

- for a clue...think back towards the middle ages...
Lets talk Cloud. maybe we can do something togeather. From the sounds of it, you're getting close to the project I'm on, but I don't have the time to do it much latley. I'm about 30% done, and I've come up with some very interesting ideas and it sounds like you might have one that I already thought up:)
jabbahunt,Apr 7 2003, 08:28 PM Wrote:Make a map that is barred all the way around, only jump shooting, one person in middle, one on outside.
I have no idea what you're talking about, but you've given me a great idea nevertheless.
u know on DM theres them 4 sided jump pad things (on the walls, that bounce u up to next platform) i reckon a box shaped map with those coverin all the floor and all the walls wud own, it'd b impossible to camp:P
This idea brought to you in part by SoulEvan my pal....he told me in physics (when I gave him mine, Pique's, and Noxi's ideas) that it would be cool to have a map with no pads...land...or anything like that...but only arrows in which you bounce off and of course you'd have walls to bind you into one are...or maybe no walls at all. It's just an idea...do what you will with it.

- he doesn't map, btw...so don't worry that he knows your idea...he won't be able to take it...plus he's trustworthy..
oh god, that would give me a bigger headache then chipsunf
The part where my idea comes in is using multiple arrows to ricochet you from one pad to the next. So instead of one arrow, you jump off one, and you're set until you hit two more arrows, the second of which lands you on the designated pad. I'm working on the map now, I have been for some time, I just don't have a lot of time to do it now. There's a whole lot more I wont say that's rather interesting and should prove to be a lot of fun.
ok soul gave me the idea
ever try practiceing your jumps but everytime you fell it got annoying have to wait another 5 seconds just to try the jump again?
use this as your map and it wont matter and you dont need to change it everytime you want to go play at vads or grits' you could even just rename it so its a diff map all together. Also, its set as a deathmatch so you dont need to set rc_arena to 0 and restart

This is not the new map ive been talking about...ill attach a screen next post under

Attached Files
.bsp   rc_arena.bsp (Size: 582.63 KB / Downloads: 12)
whoops...nvm...i dont want you guys seeing it before its done
RC_ARENA_BROKE IS RELEASED

http://pique.iown.org/rc_arena_broke.zip

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

B)Wow cool map
That looks fun, I wanna give it a shot )
Do you want me to put it on the GRITS server?
I love the map... awesome how everything swings... best part is, I can still use the same moves from regular arena!
sure grits why not
ok looks like some people are getting desert skys.
this should NOT be happening. if it is try this.

1. Make sure that the .bmps included in the zip file are in ricochet/gfx/env directory
2. If they are you may need .tga files instead of .bmps
3. http://pique.iown.org/tgafiles.zip or just redownload the map, it is updated
4. put the .tga files in the same place as the .bmps gfx/env

o and heres another SS of an older version of the map:)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

i need someone who uses .tga files for a sky background to contact me and be willing to work for about 15 min max on trying to correct the tga sky problem. I have no idea how to switch to a tga file sky and hence i cant debug the problem.

nvm. Thanks to melba we got the problem with .tga files fixed. Map file is updated
http://pique.iown.org/rc_arena_broke.zip
a b
something about tga's not being 2-10 RGB or something like that. I dont know the exact error, Melba might. What i did wrong at first was i used the bitmaps and turned them into RGB tgas. To fix the prob i used the .psd files i still had and made them tga
In order to get the map to work you need to delete all discsick.. files out of gfx/env and redownload the whole map and of course put it into the correct folder remember sierra/half-life/ricochet/.... oh and pique you put two of the same folder in the download That should get all of the problems fixed:D